Home
Posted By: Droptine Drop Point Hunter - 07/09/17
Patterned after the Loveless Drop Point Hunter. I made this blade out of an Alabama Damascus billet in the Redneck Skin pattern. I heat treated and tempered this blade and the final number is 59.5 on the Rockwell C scale. Scales are stabilized weathered Elk antler with black vulcanized liners. Corby fasteners, lanyard tube and guard are made from 416 stainless steel. I cut the slot in the guard undersized with my bandsaw and then hand filed it to fit the blade with no gap. Overall length is 8 3/8" and the blade is 3 11/19" tip to guard.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/46256.jpg[/img]
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/09/17
Nicely done and a well balanced design.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
sweet
Posted By: domit Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
loveless tapered his tang on the drop hunter. was the pattern steel weight different enough to get away with not doing that? looks real nice by the way.
Posted By: Ron Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
Nice!
Posted By: Droptine Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
Originally Posted by domit
loveless tapered his tang on the drop hunter. was the pattern steel weight different enough to get away with not doing that? looks real nice by the way.

It balances pretty well as it is. I'd never dream of comparing my work to that of Bob Loveless.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
Very cool
Posted By: kingston Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
Gorgeous!
Posted By: Owl Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
I envy the knife making skills that you have. Very nice. Keep up the great work.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
Beautiful knife. I keep telling myself that I don't need another knife but you may have changed my mind.
Posted By: Droptine Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/10/17
Originally Posted by doubletap
Beautiful knife. I keep telling myself that I don't need another knife but you may have changed my mind.

Well it's listed in the classifieds!
Posted By: doubletap Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/19/17
The knife arrived today, a day ahead of schedule. It is a very nice knife, balances well and I'm quite pleased with it. All I need now is to get some blood on it.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/20/17
another well made knife that is not only beautiful, but totally functional. Anyone would be proud to own steel like that. smile
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/21/17
Not a fan of damascus but that's one of the nicest knives I've ever seen.

You should be proud.
Posted By: passport Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/21/17
NICE! I would carry that sucker
Posted By: Droptine Re: Drop Point Hunter - 07/21/17
Thanks guys. The new owner is happy with it and that's what really matters
© 24hourcampfire