Home
It's their homage to the Randall Model 1. Excellent knife. This one has a black micarta handle.

I've had two other Blackjacks for thirty years or so. Their manufacturing plant was at a different location then, but were known to be excellent at that time, too.

It's now one of my favorite knives. I just love the way it feels in the hand. The handle is more hand-filling than those on my real Randall Model 1. Super sharp convex edge from the factory, but a few swipes with the compound loaded strop and it flies through paper like it's not there.

[Linked Image]
Good looking knife! How are they priced compared to Randall's ?

The only complaint I have on my Randall #1 is like you mentioned, the grip or handle is just a tad thin for my hand.
It's D2 steel.
Blackjack knives used to be headquartered in Effingham, IL. Mike Stewart sold the company and then it was moved to a different location. I had a fair conversation with the individual that owned it at that time....in fact I purchased the very same knife as you have there, but with antique Ivory micarta.

I have a few other Black Jack knives from the Effingham factory....I have a Classic Trailguide with stacked leather washers, and a Black Jack AWAC Tactical knife.
Great knives. At this time, they are essentially made by Bark River Knives.
The only Black Jack knife I have is a kinda goofy looking "TacOps" model. I bought it back in 2013 because it was A: on sale cheap, and B: made with D2 steel. The model is still available, but now only in 1095 steel. It turned out to be a pretty good all around knife for the outdoors. Convex, very sharp, and holds an edge.
[Linked Image]
Looks worthy, Sam. What's your opinion of a convex grind on a knife designed for rough use in the field, particularly where you may not have access to a strop and compound over several days of use? Some experienced outdoorsmen claim that this is why they won't use a convex knife, i.e., because they want to be able to use a small stone to resharpen their knives in the field. Seems to me, though, that if you can bring a small stone, you can also bring a small strop and some compound. Heck, even the back of your belt can be used as a strop if you didn't bring one.
That's a nice knife and a classic pattern. I know a lot of folks don't like the Randall line but I love them.

Always wanted a BJ.

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave
That's a nice knife and a classic pattern. I know a lot of folks don't like the Randall line but I love them.

Always wanted a BJ.

Dave

Get one. They're priced right.
Beautiful knife, sir.
Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire