Home
This knife is new to me coming from a friend and fellow member/knife enthusiast here. It is by far the largest hunting knife that I own or could ever need and I just thought I would share it with you guys. Hope you enjoy seeing it.

It is a Large Custom Drop Point Proto by Bret that I am told was based on a scaled down version of his “Moose Knife Pattern” and somewhat similar in design to the JB pattern. CPM154 SS, Hollow Grind with Swedging, Desert Ironwood Burl Scales with thin Black Liners, Stainless Steel Pins and Lanyard Loop. 9" O.A.L. with 4” of cutting edge.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Size as compared to a standard JB pattern by Mr. Dowell.

Thanks for looking.

twofish
that should do a fine job! Beautiful as well, like all of Bret's knives
That's real nice one !
Thanks Vince and ML, I appreciate your replies, It is definitely something different from anything else that I have had before and most folks here know the quality of Bret's work and how his knives feel in hand. This one is no different, even with it approaching camp knife size it feels like an extension of you rather than something less. Another "hats off" to Mr. Dowell in my book.

Thanks,

Twofish
Both are very nice.
Too late to edit my OP but I made a mistake in the description of this knife. It was actually based on a scaled down version of one of Bret's Camp Knife Patterns and not a "Moose Knife".

twofish
© 24hourcampfire