Home
Got this a while back From Mike Miller!

His interpretation of a bull-nose skinner in 52100 Steel, red liners and sheep-horn scales. He evened sharpened the swedge!

Luv it!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A couple quick snaps with the ol' I-phone.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just so happens it was a good while before I afforded the opportunity to bloody it!

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
Well, availed myself of the opportunity last weekend...........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Death Valley Daze

[Linked Image]

getting ready to go to work!

[Linked Image]

More getting ready!

[Linked Image]
Work

[Linked Image]

More work

[Linked Image]

Reward

[Linked Image]

More Reward

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
Lookin good gee dub!! Diggin that first rifle!!!
Wow thats a Dandy! I realy like the sheep Horn Mr Miller makes a Great Knife!
Really nice knife.
You must be feeding those "wild" porkers too much. Did not expect that much fat.
Love your posts dude.
That's a dandy!
none of the pictures are view able
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
none of the pictures are view able

I upgraded my photobucket subscription yesterday. Must have been a glitch somewhere as I could not view any of my 20K images on my photobucket account, nor on any of the sites on which I link pix. Seems to be restored to working order as of now. Quien Sabe, GWB
whatever you did Glen, the picture are there now. Thanks for sharing them. I really like that knife.
Beautifully done, I love the sheep horn scales.
Great series of pix1 The knife is just the right size and shape, including the sharpened swedge.

I too like the first rifle! But I can't identify it. First thought it was a TCR 87. But the stock looks Germanic. Blaser? Merkel?

The suspense is killin' me!
Originally Posted by Mesa

I too like the first rifle! But I can't identify it. First thought it was a TCR 87. But the stock looks Germanic. Blaser? Merkel?

[Linked Image]

That is a Merkel K3 "Extrem". It is chambered for the 270 Winchester.

Here is a Blaser K95

[Linked Image]

chambered for the 30-06 Springfield!

ya!

GWB

Just great!
Well, I gotta say that you don't just have excellent taste in BLADES! Those two "stalking rifles" are just primo.
Vince had this for sale in the Classifieds the other day.

[Linked Image]

Did not want to pass it up as I have another Damascus knife from Mike. The two just might make a nice set!

[Linked Image]

Now to make a sheath for the pair!

ya!

GWB

Good looking knife. Given the shape of the blade, is that hard to resharpen?

Cool looking skinners!

I got an order in with Mike for a boning knife and after that, I'll get him to craft me a skinner or semi skinner.

Happy 4th Gents!

SD
Love the knife!

How's the .338 Federale working out for you?

George
Originally Posted by NH K9

How's the .338 Federale working out for you?

George

It is my first AR "build". So far so good. I've only pointed it at a few targets and one hoglet. It seems to like the 185 gr. Hornady GMX bullet. Shot the hoglet at a distance of 120 Yds. +/-. He went straight down and paddled.

I recently got this FLIR Thermosight.

[Linked Image]

I have taken the Nikon off, and mounted the FLIR. I plan on going to the range in the AM to zero. If all works as planned I'll get to try the thermal later this next week.

ya!

GWB
I’m psyched it turned out well for you!

I may wind up building one.........just because.
It took me quite a while to trend toward the dark side. I'm much more into bolt guns and single shots. However my son started building AR's a while back. I would take him to the range to sight in his AR's. I was amazed at the accuracy he was getting with factory Ammo with stuff he had built. I've recently bought a couple Armalites.

[Linked Image]

a 3gn-18

[Linked Image]

and an AR-10 in 308 Win.

My son had built a 338 Federal and used it last season on hogs and coyotes. I liked the performance.

Several years ago I had a very disappointing outcome with a Sako in 338 federal and swore that I'd never have another. However in this instance, second time is "charm".

I used the Armalite lower. I tend to subscribe to the theory that one is seldom sorry that he went first class, so I bought a barrel from Wilson Combat and had it Cerrakoted in flat dark earth color. Lantac Nickel Boron BCG. Radian Raptor charging handle, JP Enterprises Adjustable Gas Block, Troy Industries 13.5" hand rail.

[Linked Image]

As an aside, it took a while to get it all together. It seems that unbeknownst to me, Wilson Combat uses a proprietary length intermediate gas tube of 13.25" rather than the standard intermediate tube lenght of 13.625". So first assembly the BCG would not go into battery. I was also told (not by Wilson, as at the time I did not know to ask) that a fixed gas block should work. It did not. I had to employ an adjustable gas block to get the rifle to cycle. Took three tries, but finally, the joy of success.

[Linked Image]

first shot, cold barrel, 100 yds. Hunting accuracy fer sure!

I'm already planning my next build, a 6.8 SPC 2.

ya!

GWB
© 24hourcampfire