Home
Posted By: T_O_M confused: terminology - 02/12/19
'k, what (as in "WTF" :)) is an "executive knife"? Bumped into the term on the 'net. Now inquiring minds want to know. Thanks!!
Maybe referring to a knife that is high dollar and fancy? How was the term used in the paragraph?
Kind of like Nighthawk uses President, VIP, and Chairman. I remember some other company having an Executive Carry Model.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: confused: terminology - 02/12/19
IT was a pop-up ad from Knife Center ... guess I'd been checking out benchmade knives so google delivered the ad.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: confused: terminology - 02/13/19
I always thought of a small fancy thing a rich dude would carry.
He had a pretty piece of functional jewelry in his pocket.

And, being small and pretty,
It won't offend.

Except the TSA.
I agree with Dillonbuck.
Posted By: Allen917 Re: confused: terminology - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I always thought of a small fancy thing a rich dude would carry.
He had a pretty piece of functional jewelry in his pocket.

And, being small and pretty,
It won't offend.

Except the TSA.

I agree with you one this one. To me it is a piece of jewelry that you can clean your fingernails with or maybe open an envelope.

In my suit and tie days in the skyscrapers of Dallas, it was generally frowned on to whip out a 4 or 5 inch knife during meetings.
Posted By: Boise Re: confused: terminology - 02/14/19
At Hewlett Packard they had a policy against having a knife on company property with a blade longer than 3 inches (or such). I carried a Chris Reeves Mnandi at work with its 2.75 blade. It is what I called my gentleman's knife given its none threatening appearance. Very functional blade and it is pretty and expensive. https://www.dlttrading.com/chris-reeve-mnandi

The admins would whip out enormous kitchen knives to cut up cake but no one ever raised a concern.
© 24hourcampfire