Home
Posted By: Steelhead Benchmade destroys guns - 02/21/19
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...7/benchmade-destroying-guns#Post13586157
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 02/21/19
The city police may have screwed Benchmade over a helpful neighbor favor, but...

Will people remember in 2 years and buy the knives anyways.

Are people still buying Nike shoes?
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 02/21/19
Originally Posted by humdinger
The city police may have screwed Benchmade over a helpful neighbor favor, but...

I won't and I'll be a reminder at every chance.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/05/19
This looks like Cooper arms all over again.

The owner of Benchmade is giving money to most every democrat in the country.

Those were guns seized without due process.

I do not buy Levi jeans, as part of the profit goes to anti gun organizations.

Benchmade is looking just as bad.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/06/19
I finally stopped at a benchmade retailer and looked at the stuff and got the sales pitch, but didn't buy any.

They seem way over priced in the first place much less this deal.
Posted By: Judman Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/06/19
I just bought 6 today... Great knives!!!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/07/19
Originally Posted by Judman

Moneybags. smile
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/07/19

Wow.

And im hesitant to buy one at $191.

For yourself or gifts?

Models you bought?
I finally stopped at a benchmade retailer and looked at the stuff and got the sales pitch, but didn't buy any.

Over priced compared to what?
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Spyderco.
Buck
????

the reality is its a pocket knife that has a high probability of getting lost or broken.
The designs seemed nice with good steels, but its not worth the 2-3X premium to me.

If you're going to cut alot on the job... you're going to use a razor blade knife anyways and not waste YOUR time at home sharpening your knife.

Posted By: FOsteology Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/08/19
Depends upon the model. The three Spyderco's I just bought all cost more than the two Benchmarks I purchased.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/08/19
True on spyderco's getting spendy.

I bought two 25 years ago (delica and provenator) and replaced the delica 2 times because of losing them. The last delica has been with me for 18 years so I am getting better at not losing it.

Working in manufacturing (machining, fab, plastic).. I look at the cost of the materials and find it over priced for the performance of a simple tool.

You would spend $1,500,000 for a pickup if benchmade built them.

But I am making these comments in a formum of knife enthusiasts that may not see my side.

I'll admit I liked the benchmade Foray 698 when I handled it.

Spyderco.
Buck
????

the reality is its a pocket knife that has a high probability of getting lost or broken.
The designs seemed nice with good steels, but its not worth the 2-3X premium to me.

If you're going to cut alot on the job... you're going to use a razor blade knife anyways and not waste YOUR time at home sharpening your knife.

Well Buck is junk. But Spydeco is quality. Have you compared apples to apples? Because Spyderco and Benchmade run pretty even price wise. I get the feeling you are comparing apples to oranges. I use a knife everyday at work, From scraping ProSeal, to stripping wires, to whittling wood formers. I sharpen my knife on the job when needed, Not a big deal. Your comments are not realistic. You go from talking about knives to a $1,500,000 pickup. Focus here and bring it back to reality. If you want to use a utility knife or razor blade so be it. But you make a comment that Benchmade is over priced with zero backing evidence. I question you compared to what and you list two brands. One that is worth comparing and the other not. Yet the one you choose to compare it to that is worth comparing is in the same price points. Seems to me you just want to be a squeaky wheel.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/09/19
I took a spin through the spyderco website and there are very expensive knives, but several are under $100. I didn't see a single benchmade under $100 and most over $200+ which is why I think they are overpriced.

A little bit of plastic or g10 handles is trivial and powder metal parts are cheap which is what most benchmade knives have.

If you compared the cost of a small transmission or gear case with higher grade steels, milling, hobbing, broaching, grinding, and heat treating and then look at a bench made pocket knife.... You would understand the cost comparisons.

The analogy of Buck is its a USA company in the neighboring state as Benchmade. I'm sure the labor standards are similar in the region. Maybe Buck is union, but I doubt if benchmade is because they let cops in to cut guns.

But wrapping back to the original post...

People can be pissed at Benchmade for cutting up guns and may stop buying products for a while and hurt their profits for one or two quarters, but people will forget.

A similar situation.... I'm sure Nike shoes has rebounded quite well.

And they are selling overpriced $3 Chinese made shoes.
You are not paying X amount of dollars for the sum of the parts of the knife. You are buying a knife that is backed by a warranty and LifeSharp, need or want it or not it's all part of the deal. That cost something, and there is a value to a lot of their customers. Like all businesses they have machines to buy and maintain, lights to keep on, employees to pay, and marketing and other expenses. In my opinion BenchMade puts out a good quality knife with great backing at a reasonable price.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/10/19
You are not paying X amount of dollars for the sum of the parts of the knife. You are buying a knife that is backed by a warranty and LifeSharp, need or want it or not it's all part of the deal. That cost something, and there is a value to a lot of their customers. Like all businesses they have machines to buy and maintain, lights to keep on, employees to pay, and marketing and other expenses. In my opinion BenchMade puts out a good quality knife with great backing at a reasonable price.

You bring valid points in there and I will speak to the manufacturing since you requested a break down earlier.

The knife materials are called "direct materials" in the cost equation.
"Indirect materials" are stuff like oil and shop supplies related to the product, but not technically part of it.
"Fixed over head" is the is the cost of the machines and buildings. They don't fluctuate and get standard set once a year.
"Variable overhead" is items related to making the parts like energy cost, SG&A (engineers, salesman, marketing, etc., etc.
You can have direct and indirect labor in there too.
The warranty money is a portion set aside out of profit margin
Life sharp is buried in projected warranty costs too.

The customer pays for all the costs the retailer & distributors (plus shipping sometimes) tack onto it.

Now for cost comparison, I'll go back to Buck because its a Pacific northwest manufacturer based in the USA that sells USA made products in the mix.
You can buy a brass & 420HC steel Buck 110 for $40 or less and it has a warranty & sharpening program attached to it. They make millions of them so they have the costs in line.
You will pay about $100 for a buck 110 with S30v steel and different materials so you are paying for premium materials and low production volumes. You are still paying a premium for the product and not really the materials . Go to bucks custom 110 website app and you can price what each material upgrade is for yourself.

S30V steel and heat treating will vary from shop to shop, but its still done to industry standards. Buck can probably do it cheaper because they can pay for their PM tooling and heat treating and may have proprietary processes.

So looking at similar labor standards in a region for one knife company to sell the buck 110 with premium materials for $100 and comparing to a benchmade smaller lighter (less material and steel weight) product for $200+ is why I feel they are overpriced.

We won't agree on it so my opinion is Benchmade puts out a good product with similar warranty backing & sharpening services at a PREMIUM price compared to other USA brands.

Will Benchmade cutting up guns from a "gun buy back" or "crime confiscated" guns hurt them... probably not.
If those guns were from "red flag" laws... that could piss off people depending on how their law is administrated. That's a problem for the people of Oregon.

I'm sure Benchmades customer base of non-shooters is quite large and people will forget about the police department facebook screw up soon enough. Benchmade will still make a pile of money on their products no matter what us shooters do.
Ok you are just retarded. Nothing anyone here can do to help you.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/10/19

Nope. I'm more educated and experienced about about manufacturing and product design than you.

We can apply the tire changing analogy to this.

You probably think you can change a car tire pretty fast, but then you watch NASCAR and realize you are really slow and not properly equipped.

You're in the cinder block class.

For example, if I walked out into my shop and saw you using a pocket knife to strip wire, I would give you the right tool which is a wire stripper.
I wouldn't tolerate you working on my equipment using the wrong tool, giving poor results at a slow pace while risking you cutting yourself making false workman's comp claims.

But you are proud our using your $200 pocket knife to strip wire.

While I promote the guys that do a better work faster.

Nope. I'm more educated and experienced about about manufacturing and product design than you.

We can apply the tire changing analogy to this.

You probably think you can change a car tire pretty fast, but then you watch NASCAR and realize you are really slow and not properly equipped.

You're in the cinder block class.

For example, if I walked out into my shop and saw you using a pocket knife to strip wire, I would give you the right tool which is a wire stripper.
I wouldn't tolerate you working on my equipment using the wrong tool, giving poor results at a slow pace while risking you cutting yourself making false workman's comp claims.

But you are proud our using your $200 pocket knife to strip wire.

While I promote the guys that do a better work faster.

I can strip wires plenty fast and safe in the middle of a wire bundle that you ain't getting your wire strippers in. I don't have the luxury of a big wide-open shop, I work usually in tight confined spaces.

Your cheap little NASCAR wouldn't even cover the expense of my rotor head. But I like how you try to talk about everything but the knife!

My knife ain't $200, try less than $100. I know it takes skill to use it, sorry you and your guys have none. By the way never in my 29 years working have I ever filed any claims.

Funny you know my education and experience! Please tell.

I own every tool I need to do my job, something you won't see in my industry. From Cold Working Kit, Huck and Cherry Guns and heads to stretcher/shrinker, and English Wheel.

Though the position I am in now I am just a TI so don't need many tools at the moment. But thanks for your concern.

Anyways it is your story tell it how you want to hear it. Can we get back to the knives now?
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/11/19
Interesting rebuttal MCH.

Im sure you are quite skilled at jamming your knife into a wire bundle and stripping wire for what ever reason you do that. It tends to make make stray insulation piercings that cause arching issues or wire corrosion issues later causing machine breakdowns. I'm sure you're a rocket surgeon in your ability though.

You missed the NASACR analogy completely. Reading comprehension didn't come through. I'm sure your rotors are quite pretty and over priced compared to the NASCAR Car I never said I owned...

Back to knife discussion? You have yet to come up with anything technical why a benchmade knife can justify the 2-3X cost over other brands. Similar steels and body materials don't justify it, but you have a great warranty and sharpening service. Benchmade makes sooo damn much money on the product that they just send you a new one or deny the warranty claim for misuse and abuse. Other manufacturers have similar policies because generally a properly used knife doesn't break, most people sharpen their own knives, and the maker gambles you will never make a claim. Benchmade just got their money out of you when you paid the price versus the cashier asking you if you want to pay for the extended warranty.

In the end, you haven't provided me anything convincing me why benchmade knives bring the premium price over a spyderco or other makes. Everyone justifies their purchases in their minds and I maintain my position they are over priced for the value they provide.

I also think you're a LW type guy and I'll leave it there.
Because you are a retard and can't see with your own dam eyes that the prices of Spyderco knives are relatively in line with BenchMade! No one can help you, you are lost. It isn't my job to convince you of chit. Clearly your reading isn't so great! In my post I clearly wrote for some people BenchMade's warranty and Lifesharp are important. Personally I take ownership when I break a product that has nothing to do with material or manufacturing defects. However Once I was in BenchMades facilities and had a knife on me that did have a chipped point. I took it to the window where they do the Lifesharp and said to the guy I know it is chipped and the pocket clip is missing, but seeing I am here you can sharpen it. The replaced the blade and the clip. I think that is pretty good customer service. Benchmade also gives my types a nice discount plus OR has no sales tax. So when I am in town and I see a knife I like and want to buy, I buy it. As for stripping wires I understand you have zero mechanical ability. Yeah I am a LW type guy, you know so much about me. Bottomline is you made a false statement and backed that statement up with two companies that I gave you the answers on. But you are not smart enough to get it. Sorry but blame your parents not me.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/11/19
Because you are a retard and can't see with your own dam eyes that the prices of Spyderco knives are relatively in line with BenchMade! No one can help you, you are lost. It isn't my job to convince you of chit. Clearly your reading isn't so great! In my post I clearly wrote for some people BenchMade's warranty and Lifesharp are important. Personally I take ownership when I break a product that has nothing to do with material or manufacturing defects. However Once I was in BenchMades facilities and had a knife on me that did have a chipped point. I took it to the window where they do the Lifesharp and said to the guy I know it is chipped and the pocket clip is missing, but seeing I am here you can sharpen it. The replaced the blade and the clip. I think that is pretty good customer service. Benchmade also gives my types a nice discount plus OR has no sales tax. So when I am in town and I see a knife I like and want to buy, I buy it. As for stripping wires I understand you have zero mechanical ability. Yeah I am a LW type guy, you know so much about me. Bottomline is you made a false statement and backed that statement up with two companies that I gave you the answers on. But you are not smart enough to get it. Sorry but blame your parents not me.

I acknowledged that spyderco does sell some expensive knives, but they have many under $100 or less. I have a benchmade catalog here and the lowest price pocket knife is $115. Many other USA made brands in the pacific northwest like buck and leatherman offer similar warranties with products at many price points.

A person shouldn't buy products for the warranty. You can get a lifetime warranty and two ginzhu knives at once if you buy warranty.

Wire stripping with a knife doesn't fly at a oem manfacturing plant because it leads to quality problems later. My guys know what they are doing, but its the customers mechanics using poor techniques that create wire issues later.

Have you noticed I have not resorted to name calling with you and only question some of your methods of repair? You're backed into a corner and cant come out with a logical fact based argument so you resort to name calling. Very childish.

Yea... you're a LW person and cant hold back.

Sorry for your loss.

I am in no corner. Comparing Buck quality to BenchMade only proves my point of your total lack of knowledge.

Funny you say resorted from name calling. Did you forget what you just wrote or are you just really that dumb. I guess we know now it wasn't just an act.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/11/19
I am in no corner. Comparing Buck quality to BenchMade only proves my point of your total lack of knowledge.

Are you comparing a $25-$40 Buck to a $150 Benchmade?
Originally Posted by MOGC

Are you comparing a $25-$40 Buck to a $150 Benchmade?

I am not but he is.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/12/19
Buck Custom Shop 110's are top quality materials and very well put together. Different genre of knives and uses but quality, fit and finish are very comparable between those CS 110 Bucks and upper end Benchmades.
Posted By: deflave Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/12/19

I acknowledged that spyderco does sell some expensive knives, but they have many under $100 or less.

So does Benchmade.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/12/19
I like Buck knives........ grin
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

They have a place in the Market. I am not a fan, but they work.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

They have a place in the Market. I am not a fan, but they work.

I was just stirring the pot wink but the truth is it's nostalgia as much as anything else for me..

While I've moved on to other knives I grew in an era where Buck locking folders were king so I'll always have a soft spot for their knives.
Second knife I ever owned was a Buck. First was a Swiss Army.
My first was a Camillas Barlow (which I still have) and the second was a Buck locking folder.

The Barlow was good design IMO but that Camillas was a poor example.
I didn't have a clue back then though and carried it proudly for years. LOL
I love the Barlow though would rather have it made by one of my favorite custom makers.
My dad gave it to me and I was glad to have it.

It's hard to afford a custom on a ten year old's allowance in the late 50's. smile

Here's a nicer example of a Barlow I picked up at a yard sale several years ago. I like single blade pocket knives and it said Sheffield on the blade so I bought it without knowing anything about it and boy was I surprised after I did some digging. It was made by Christopher Johnson & Co., Sheffield, England in the 40's or 50's and it's still so tight it'll take a finger off if you aren't careful closing it. IIRC I paid $20 for it...even a blind hog eh?

[Linked Image]
That is a great find! I'll give you $40.00 for it. You doubled your money! smile
Posted By: Rob96 Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 03/12/19
I really like my Buck Spitfire with S30V steel.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/02/19
Because of this Benchmade anti gun stuff, I stopped carrying my Benchmade 485-171 VALET with homemade smoother higher thumb nut and longer clearance lower frame... and bought a Spyderco Manix 2 G-10 Dark Blue S110V Plain Edge with pink duck tape added so I can find it.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/02/19
I'm going to a gun auction on Saturday morning. It's put on by the local Sheriff's Department. All guns are prior confiscated weapons from crimes and some of their carry guns.

Once again, Oregon shows how [bleep] stupid they are.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/02/19
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm going to a gun auction on Saturday morning. It's put on by the local Sheriff's Department. All guns are prior confiscated weapons from crimes and some of their carry guns.

That's awesome. Should just be the common sense thing to do but now a day's I generally consider common sense practiced as awesome....sad that I think like that.
Posted By: jlboykin Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/02/19
I’m still scratching my head about why anyone cares about this. If someone killed a relative of mine with a gun, I’d rather it be destroyed than resold to someone else.
Posted By: Judman Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/02/19
Originally Posted by jlboykin
I’m still scratching my head about why anyone cares about this. If someone killed a relative of mine with a gun, I’d rather it be destroyed than resold to someone else.

Some folks that’s all they like to do is biitch and moan...
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/02/19
Humdinger should move over to the AR subforum and tell everybody there that all ARs are created equal because they have the same parts.

I'm betting none were used in a killing. I'm not sure why Oregonians were proud to showoff that they can destroy firearms.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

That's awesome. Should just be the common sense thing to do but now a day's I generally consider common sense practiced as awesome....sad that I think like that.

It's fairly apparent common sense is anything but on the left coast.
Posted By: jlboykin Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/02/19

I'm betting none were used in a killing. I'm not sure why Oregonians were proud to showoff that they can destroy firearms.

You’re guessing like I am. Stolen guns with no serial number need to be kept in circulation?

You’re guessing like I am. Stolen guns with no serial number need to be kept in circulation?

I'm just talking about the auction I'm going to. Why don't you call your local cop shop and see if you can help destroy some guns or sponsor a gun buy back if it tickles you so.
Posted By: johnw Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/03/19
I'm all in favor of those communities and departments who allow seized guns to be sold. Makes sense from many angles.

But most communities will never do so, largely from fear of headlines if a gun they allowed to be sold was used in a later crime.

As far as benchmade and their actions, it was simply a service provided to a community who offered to pay to have it done. The steel mill I used to work at did it in the large scale. Simply business without agenda or conspiracy.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/03/19
Originally Posted by johnw
I'm all in favor of those communities and departments who allow seized guns to be sold. Makes sense from many angles.

But most communities will never do so, largely from fear of headlines if a gun they allowed to be sold was used in a later crime.

As far as benchmade and their actions, it was simply a service provided to a community who offered to pay to have it done. The steel mill I used to work at did it in the large scale. Simply business without agenda or conspiracy.

Sweet Jesus, you're a Judman [bleep] (which in the queen's English is a guy's ASS). Standby or the gal from Texas.
Posted By: Judman Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/03/19
Scooter, you just can’t help it!!! Haha

What’s the free rent talk?? NOW is when you start talking about black meat and sucking cock you sick fuucking puke.....

What’s the free rent talk?? NOW is when you start talking about black meat and sucking cock you sick fuucking puke.....

Hey, I never knew you or your gal friend existed till you decided to fire upon. Sorry that you, and your wife, and Fred's, are ate up with the BC, but you brought it up.

No surprise. I'm betting there is at least one murder/suicide in there before 50.
Dude your brother/sister incident really fuucked you up!!! Get help...

Oh, now is where you tell me, I’m lucky your booger hawg is alive cause if she wasn’t you’d kill me!!! Haha
Dude your brother/sister incident really fuucked you up!!! Get help...

Oh, now is where you tell me, I’m lucky your booger hawg is alive cause if she wasn’t you’d kill me!!! Haha

Dude, you are a liberal cocksuker, everyone knows that. You are HAPPY that liberals are cutting up guns. Just like your left coast father, JO, you shoot a critter or two, but bath in the joy of socialism.

Funny that you consider cutting up guns more a good thing than an auction. Show's what an anti-American, liberal POS you are.
All the cock talk, musta been sucking your brothers cock, that’s why your sooooo disgruntled!!!!
Well, better a cocksucking American, than the son of a single, cocksuking whore that hates America.

Give it 20 years and I'm sure you're wife will catch up to your mom, you ringworm bastard.
You still dream of her gurgling???
Posted By: fredIII Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/03/19

Hey, I never knew you or your gal friend existed till you decided to fire upon. Sorry that you, and your wife, and Fred's, are ate up with the BC, but you brought it up.

No surprise. I'm betting there is at least one murder/suicide in there before 50.

Tell us about driving school bus. 🤣. Or the time you posted about just wanting to impact a child. Jesus anyone who’s kid rode that bus would die if they seen your fire account.
Posted By: jlboykin Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/03/19

I'm just talking about the auction I'm going to. Why don't you call your local cop shop and see if you can help destroy some guns or sponsor a gun buy back if it tickles you so.

Yeah, that exactly what I said....but I guess I shouldn’t have expected a well thought out answer. You could just walk into any gun store and buy one of the hundreds of thousands of guns that are currently for sale.

Yeah, that exactly what I said....but I guess I shouldn’t have expected a well thought out answer. You could just walk into any gun store and buy one of the hundreds of thousands of guns that are currently for sale.

I think the problem a lot of folks have with this, is that they're establishing the mechanism/process through which to destroy confiscated firearms. Right now? Yeah....maybe they're confiscated for legitimate reasons. Tomorrow? Who knows. You establish data bases, you pass laws to legally confiscate, you establish a means of destruction. Makes thing a hell of a lot easier when they decide to full on violate our 2nd amendment rights. As far as I'm concerned, give the [bleep] NO quarter. Not one [bleep] inch. Paranoid? Maybe.....but I live in an area where the federal govt decided they wanted to establish a national park so they flat out stole 1000's of acres and forcefully moved the legal owners off it. Land that the families had occupied for 200 years or more. I have zero trust or faith in the govt.
Didn't even have to bring up cock or somebody's family to explain my position. Hard to believe....
Posted By: jlboykin Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/04/19
I understand what you’re saying Jack. I’m not for making concessions either, but this seems like a nonevent from my point of view. There are far bigger issues than this event facing us at the moment and I don’t think it is going to get better any time soon.

Where do you live? I’m curious to know more about the land grab. Feds tried to take property along the red river in TX recently. Didn’t work out for them here, but I’m sure they will try again.
Posted By: jlboykin Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/04/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Didn't even have to bring up cock or somebody's family to explain my position. Hard to believe....

Well said...
I understand what you’re saying Jack. I’m not for making concessions either, but this seems like a nonevent from my point of view. There are far bigger issues than this event facing us at the moment and I don’t think it is going to get better any time soon.

Where do you live? I’m curious to know more about the land grab. Feds tried to take property along the red river in TX recently. Didn’t work out for them here, but I’m sure they will try again.

Shenandoah national park. Lots of information out there. Both sides of my family have lived in the mountains to the west of the valley since the 1700's. There's a lot of ingrained distrust of the federal govt for a multitude of transgressions. At this point, it's almost a part of who we are.
https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/article/eminentdomain-origin-shenandoah-national-park/
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/04/19

They don't sell evidence guns.

The cops confiscate guns constantly, and you have to go to the police station and fill out a form to get them back. If no one gets them back they are traded to a gun dealer for a block of new cop guns. The used guns are then sold across state lines to some other area. Then they are sold to the public through an FFL. I have bought lots of these guns.
Posted By: kingston Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/05/19

Shenandoah national park. Lots of information out there. Both sides of my family have lived in the mountains to the west of the valley since the 1700's. There's a lot of ingrained distrust of the federal govt for a multitude of transgressions. At this point, it's almost a part of who we are.
https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/article/eminentdomain-origin-shenandoah-national-park/

Criminal overreaching—what a raw deal.
Coal companies, timber companies, federal govt., Revenuers...you name it, pretty much any outsider that comes in making promises has [bleep] over, stolen and taken advantage of the locals in most of Appalachia. Most of the folks that settled the area fled here from countries where they were being treated the same way, so like I said before, being from this area, we're a little more hypersensitive to any situation where someone is trying to strip us of liberties.
Posted By: Judman Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/05/19

I won't and I'll be a reminder at every chance.

Lest we forget you and that big stupid buddy of yours, rifle in vice, and a string hooked to the trigger, destroying a (gun).... But that's ok you fuucking cull piece of shiit......
Posted By: jlboykin Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/06/19
Coal companies, timber companies, federal govt., Revenuers...you name it, pretty much any outsider that comes in making promises has [bleep] over, stolen and taken advantage of the locals in most of Appalachia. Most of the folks that settled the area fled here from countries where they were being treated the same way, so like I said before, being from this area, we're a little more hypersensitive to any situation where someone is trying to strip us of liberties.

Same thing happening here with oil and gas companies using eminent domain.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/06/19
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Humdinger should move over to the AR subforum and tell everybody there that all ARs are created equal because they have the same parts.

I'm sure there are many great AR parts suppliers that suggest they make parts to Mill spec and use Mill spec quality programs, but if you're maker and offer a generous warranty for a high priced product to cover future warranty claims, does that make you "high quality"?

hmmm...

maybe 40 years ago. Pipelines are paying out more to keep you from joining the protesters.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/06/19
A gun that has had the serial number removed would never be resold by any LE agency for any reason. Removing the serial number is against the law. Way it is MB
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
A gun that has had the serial number removed would never be resold by any LE agency for any reason. Removing the serial number is against the law. Way it is MB

+1
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/07/19
unfortunate, bc i like their bugout knives a lot.
Posted By: jlboykin Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/07/19

maybe 40 years ago. Pipelines are paying out more to keep you from joining the protesters.

No, it’s happening now. They just use midstream companies instead of doing it themselves. Use of eminent domain is off the charts right now.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Exactly, they are destroyed instead.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/07/19

No, it’s happening now. They just use midstream companies instead of doing it themselves. Use of eminent domain is off the charts right now.

Everytime they add a new pipeline through my place, the payout decimal place moves over one place in the nice direction.

If you're upset about it... protest.

The last line through my place got stopped by "honor the earth" group.

The trick is you can't stop them just because you're a whiner, you need to get an environmental cause behind you to get support and funding.

You can do it.
The payouts down here are good, I’m not complaining about that. Most lines are now between $400-$600/rod.

I’m a landowner and in pipeline construction, so I’m well versed in what is going on. The problem is that any common carrier can claim eminent domain and put a line in. It goes before a special commission that usually makes sure the payout is in line, but you’re forced to use their surface agreement (which are usually terrible). Same thing happens with common carrier power transmission
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/07/19
The payouts down here are good, I’m not complaining about that. Most lines are now between $400-$600/rod.

I’m a landowner and in pipeline construction, so I’m well versed in what is going on. The problem is that any common carrier can claim eminent domain and put a line in. It goes before a special commission that usually makes sure the payout is in line, but you’re forced to use their surface agreement (which are usually terrible). Same thing happens with common carrier power transmission

Thats a good payout. I'm not not sure whats all entailed in a "surface agreement". I have to allow them access about once a year to do repairs and they get yelled at to shut the gates if they let my cattle lose.

You're on the loosing end no matter what.

You're in a state with no income state tax, the utilities companies probably fund the government, and your governor is republican and probably backs business.

So who owns the Texas government? the companies that pay them

You're screwed.
Posted By: Adamjp Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/08/19

Who lived there before the Europeans invaded and displaced them?

Time goes by, but the same things keep on happening.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Benchmade destroys guns - 05/09/19
yea... I own land in reservation country and they have been paid out many times. The only reason they don't press the property rights harder is they dont want to piss off the casino patrons.
© 24hourcampfire