Home
Received a little Skinner I had on order with Hank Hammond from a few months ago. Really likin' it.

CPM154. Ivory Micarta scales. Blue liners. Mosaic pins.

Yeah. It's shaaap. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks for the kind words LD. Notice that’s a left handed sheath...as ordered.
Very nice, time to skin something.
Very nice! Classic clean design well executed. My only nitpick would be that I'd like a lanyard hole to assist getting that little beauty out of the sheath, but that's just me.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Thanks for the kind words LD. Notice that’s a left handed sheath...as ordered.

Hahaha. Yeah, Hank. I noticed. smile
Originally Posted by MOGC
Very nice! Classic clean design well executed. My only nitpick would be that I'd like a lanyard hole to assist getting that little beauty out of the sheath, but that's just me.

I make em that way as well. Some ask for them, some don’t.
I figured so... Good looking leather work btw.
Yep.
Have the same pattern and really like it.
I am not much for the high gloss but that is a beauty.
Nice, I like the blue liners. Like hanks work too, looks like a good pattern...
Very well done
Very nice!!
Lovely knife!
Absolutely beautiful !
How thick is that blade stock?
1/8" on that blade. I have blade steel in all thicknesses up to a quarter inch.
1/8" on that blade. I have blade steel in all thicknesses up to a quarter inch.

https://www.instagram.com/doublehknives/
Thanks, Hank. Nice pattern.
I did not know that you made knives. I guess I should pay more attention.

[Linked Image]

I love this pattern, as well as what you made for LD but with a lanyard hole. I would not change a thing on either knife other then that.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I did not know that you made knives. I guess I should pay more attention.

[Linked Image]

I love this pattern, as well as what you made for LD but with a lanyard hole. I would not change a thing on either knife other then that.

Gimme a shout out if I can ever help you....
I still want a #!* lookalike. I think that is the #, a hollow handle survivor blade, with the leather sheath soaked for a while in paraffin. Can have the straight teeth on the back, just not with a "set". I had one made bowie style stainless dive knife and it has disappeared. The handle was made from 3/4" stainless water pipe. Used a 3/4" threaded brass pipe plug cap. I checkered the cap but it was sturdy enough to do some light hammering. Wood tent pegs were ok. Would have used it on a noggin if needed. Hope to get another one some day. I would rather have a real knife person make it instead of my yankee ingenuity methods. It worked, had a tiny bit of silicone rubbed on the inside weld on the tube and a thin O-ring on the cap. Stayed dry while I had it. Matches and all. Maybe DoubleH will offer to make one. I will make it worth your while Sir. Be Well. Rusty
© 24hourcampfire