Home
Just got this one from Hank a couple days ago, we talked about it a while this is what he came up with, it’ll be a workhorse. CPM 154, handle is burlatex, which I think was his first go round with it, supposed to be good stuff. Handle design is rather svelte in my fair sized paws, pinky groove on the butt is damn compfy. Another great blade from a great guy, thanks Hank.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]frost national bank near me
Have to say, maybe a little bit funky but do like the look of the blade profile. And the scales look dang nice. I like it!!
Nice and I think that "pinky groove" at the butt end of a shorter handle is a cool idea.
It looks really nice to me. The Burlatex looks like burlap micarta, which I like allot. I have one made from some from Shadetree and it's a great material
Pinky groove feels great, I think the burlatex is gonna be the shiit!!!
Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. Burlatex is a relatively new handle material that piqued my interest....it looks so different and yep, funky, yet it kept grabbing my eyes. I told Jud and will repeat it again here: The "texture" of the handle (you don't feel the burlap itself, I'm talking about the finished product) is very very "grippy", but not rough. This should be a dandy handle material for working knives...I don't see it being slippery with blood and guts all over it like what happens with highly polished micarta and the like. The burlatex is made in some real snazzy colors. I have a candy apple type red and a turquoise blue that are showing some promise.
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
Nice and I think that "pinky groove" at the butt end of a shorter handle is a cool idea.

Think I should patent it?
Yeah like all the other knife "patents" out there that nobody steps on.

Just be the proud dad for now until someone shows one made previous to yours.

I just recently made a couple small three fingerish handled knives. The butt end
and the pinky finger seemed ok, but not great like your pinky groove probably does.
I may have to go to a grinder and step on your patent with one of my finished knives to see.

Again, nice work.
Maybe a better illustration... it’s definitely got the “feel”....
[Linked Image]

I just recently made a couple small three fingerish handled knives. The butt end
and the pinky finger seemed ok, but not great like your pinky groove probably does.
I may have to go to a grinder and step on your patent with one of my finished knives to see.

Again, nice work.

Thanx. I was being facetious.
I knew that, but had to have my two cents added.

Again, nice work.

I'm sure you'd like it....
Nice! Different. Looks like it will stand up to some serious work.
© 24hourcampfire