Home
Posted By: Citori16 Buck 110 Auto - 10/20/19
Am tempted to,buy one. Opinions appreciated.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Buck 110 Auto - 10/21/19
Buddy has one. Very nice.

Not my speed though.
Posted By: skinner Re: Buck 110 Auto - 10/21/19
I bought one last year at Smokey Mountain. It’s so handy when one hand is busy if you know what I mean.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Buck 110 Auto - 10/22/19
I like assisted flippers. They can be just as fast and are legal in more places, but that's just me...
Posted By: Boise Re: Buck 110 Auto - 10/23/19
I am a huge auto fan. I have weak finger nails so it's either pinch the blade or thumb assist. Pushing a button is easier for me than thumb assist.

The 110 Buck at over 7 ounces it too heavy in my opinion. But then I don't use my knives as pry bars so your needs may be different. My favorite auto is the Piranha P1

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Piranha-P1-Pocket--512
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Buck 110 Auto - 10/28/19
Originally Posted by Boise
I am a huge auto fan. I have weak finger nails so it's either pinch the blade or thumb assist. Pushing a button is easier for me than thumb assist.

The 110 Buck at over 7 ounces it too heavy in my opinion. But then I don't use my knives as pry bars so your needs may be different. My favorite auto is the Piranha P1

Never seen a Buck that would qualify for a pry bar. But, I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.
Posted By: Boise Re: Buck 110 Auto - 10/28/19
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Boise

Never seen a Buck that would qualify for a pry bar. But, I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.

I would think one would be safe to place significant prying force on a Buck 110 without issue. For a heavy duty user a 110 is a good choice. People use knives differently and I have seen individuals twisting and prying with a blade. It's their knife and they are welcome to use it as they wish. A light duty knife, like I've shared, with aluminum bolsters won't hold up to such use.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Buck 110 Auto - 10/28/19
Back when I used to carry one for a daily work tool, a Buck 110 got used for a lot of things.

But, I never used it for a pry bar (that I can remember). smile
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Buck 110 Auto - 10/30/19
Any folding knife used as a partner will eventually be a rattletrap.

There is a fascination with knives as multitool in desperate
situations. Few of us will ever live that out. (I hope)

I like to use hammers to hammer.
And prybars to pry. (Maybe a screwdriver😉)
Posted By: Boise Re: Buck 110 Auto - 11/04/19
Watched a Wyoming Game Warden drive the point of his knife into a deer's pelvis and then pry it open. That is what I'm referring to when I say, "prying" and I know others use their knives this way.
© 24hourcampfire