Home
Posted By: Ella Speaking of cleavers - 12/11/19

Chicken killing, splitting winter squash? Found this at the flea market this past weekend. Heavy sucker feels like a couple pounds, near a hatchet. Don't know anything about the maker.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: kingston Re: Speaking of cleavers - 12/11/19
That’s awesome!!!!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Speaking of cleavers - 12/11/19
From google...

Since posting this photo the first time yesterday, I googled Briddell and got some information. Charles D. Briddell was a blacksmith/knifemaker near Crisfield, Maryland who served the watermen and boatmen on Chesapeake Bay in the late 1800s. ~1910, he bought a building in downtown Crisfield and opened a cutlery factory employing a good number of locals. Production was at the highest levels during WWII when he received a special award from the US Navy for excellence. After the War, his son sold the factory to Carvel Hall Cutlery.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Speaking of cleavers - 12/11/19
That looks like a good winter project.
Posted By: Judman Re: Speaking of cleavers - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by Ella

Chicken killing, splitting winter squash? Found this at the flea market this past weekend. Heavy sucker feels like a couple pounds, near a hatchet. Don't know anything about the maker.

Very nice!! Weathered elk would be dandy on that
Posted By: Ella Re: Speaking of cleavers - 12/11/19

Thanks, all.

Have to see what I have in the scrap bin. Antler would look cool. More project than I'm up for though.
Posted By: Girlhunter Re: Speaking of cleavers - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Ella

Very nice!! Weathered elk would be dandy on that

That
© 24hourcampfire