Home
Here are a couple of pics from the recent M4 batch. Mine was the Loveless style and just arrived today. Caribou scales with brass pins and guard. Red micarta liner was a nice accent suggested by Tim. Solid feeling knife with excellent fit and finish. Someone else has a black handle Loveless from the last batch, and that blade looks sleeker than mine. But that may be my poor photography skill. Overall, a knife anyone would be proud to own.

Attached picture olt handle liner.jpg
Attached picture olt left.jpg
Couple of more pics

Attached picture Olt left.jpg
Attached picture olt right.jpg
Mine came today also.

First rate.. will not be my only knife from Tim.

Blue g10 with yeller liners.

I’ll get some pics tomorrow.
Those caribou scales turned out really nice
Grats man it turned out great.
I don't like the rougher looking style antler scales but the caribou scales hit the right balance. Another good suggestion by Tim.
Those caribou scales really look nice. Here's mine, came yesterday. Aged industrial linen micarta scales with red liners, and nickel hardware. Wow knife! Super sharp and feels good in the hand. Couldn't be more pleased. Can't wait to try it out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like the look of those linen scales also. Looks like aged bone.
Yeah, thanks, I really like them too.
Very nice boys, got a black micarta coming..
Those both look great fellas.
Judman, post pics when it arrives.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm coming to the conclusion Tim doesn't make a bad looking knife. Looks good BigDave.
Looks awesome, mliang. Congrats.
Tim does great work.....at very reasonable prices! Exactly why I have him making me one more for my Tim Olt trilogy! LOL Love the 5" Skinner with Black Buffalo scales and guard that I picked up from him when we met for breakfast last month!

Got mine!

Thanx, Tim!

ya!

GWB
Goodness.
Originally Posted by geedubya

Got mine!

Thanx, Tim!

ya!

GWB

That’s a beauty!
Very nice GW. And very nice Tim.
Geedubya, what finish is on the blade and hilt? Looks cool.
Originally Posted by mliang
Geedubya, what finish is on the blade and hilt? Looks cool.

I'm not sure what you are asking.

IMHO, the finish on the blade itself would be akin to a satin finish. Not sure what grit Tim would use to accomplish this.

The handle or hilt has a stainless guard and the wood is rosewood burl. Once again I would not know Tim's process for finishing, perhaps either wax or Tru-oil then buffing.

Perhaps Tim will chime in with an answer.

ya!

GWB
On blades I normally stop with 220 grit belt, then use Scotch Brite belt.
Guards normally go with 600 grit and scotch brite.
I then us Mothers Mag Cleaner and coat with Gibbs Metal Protector which will leave a dry film.

Organic handle material usually gets saturated in Nelsonite and let to dry for 4 or more days.
Exception would be for stabilized materials which do not get this.
I usually finish with 600 or finer grit, a couple coats of Spar Urethane, buff and polish with Mothers.

Manmade handle materials get finished with grit required for finish---from matte to high polish.
Then a coat or two of Spar Urethane (if not matte). polish and Mothers.
Final coat of Ren Wax.

Or something along these lines hoping to make things look right, not necessarily same as......
Geedubya, It looked like your hilt and blade was blackened or blued. But I guess it was the reflection of your camera in the blades.
Here is another loveless from the last batch. I really like this one. I know the blades are all the same but this one looks a little more sleek to me. Maybe just how it was photographed.

Attached picture Olt loveless blackhandle.jpg
Got mine today, damn nice knife, and sheath, thanks Tim.
Looks good
Real nice!
Mighty fine!

ya!

GWB
The more I fondle it, the more I like it. Really nice setup, curious how the m4 holds up..
© 24hourcampfire