Home
After receiving my olt loveless in m4 I started checking out the original loveless knives. They sure fetch a premium!! Anybody got one? Post em up.
Following. I’m like to see some originals also.
I figured GW would have one!! 😆
Originally Posted by Judman
I figured GW would have one!! 😆

...dozen! 😂
I have a pic of a pic of Bob Loveless' personal knife.
It is hafted with elephant ivory.
It is from a zerox copy from a magazine pic years back.

I can send a message pic of that knife to someone if they could post it here to share.

Tim
You need a phone or email Tim?
Just sent ya a pm
Here’s the pic from Tim
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The top knife was Bob's personal knife, hafted in elephant bark ivory.

Thanks Judman.

Best I could come up with for pics.
Handsome knives for sure.
Looking at pics online apparently he made a Nesmuk style blade. Betcha GW has one. Probably peeling the face off a porker with it right now too..
Damn nice, still not seeing $5000.... 😂😂
I doubt a fella would buy that to carry around hunting in the rain..
An investment piece.
Pretty good looking knife.
Here is the original pattern off Bob’s pattern board. 4 inch dropped hunter pattern.
Originally Posted by longarm
I doubt a fella would buy that to carry around hunting in the rain..
An investment piece.
Pretty good looking knife.

Ya and if a guy had that kinda scratch to dump on a knife, it wouldn't be that big a deal.. 😂😂

Here is the original pattern off Bob’s pattern board. 4 inch dropped hunter pattern.

Wow, I would love to own that. I would love to just have a tracing of that one.
Very cool piece of history
I know a gentleman that use to post here that has a whole collection of Loveless knives that were gifted to him by his friend. Attacks on him and his religion ran him off.

I have a copy of "How to Make Knives" by Richard W. Barney and Robert W. Loveless. Printed in 1978. Book belongs with a Loveless collector, it sit on my book shelf.
I have a 1995 reprint of that book.
I should revisit. It has been a while.
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill

Pm your address I’ll trace it off. Steve Johnson got mine for me
Originally Posted by rickmenefee

Well there ya go tim!!! Nice work!!👍👍

S.R. Johnson is every bit the maker Bob was. But when you follow in the footsteps you may or may not make as big a name for yourself. S.R. Johnson surely made a name for himself! As did John Young.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

S.R. Johnson is every bit the maker Bob was. But when you follow in the footsteps you may or may not make as big a name for yourself. S.R. Johnson surely made a name for himself! As did John Young.

I’m lucky
I lived my whole life doing what I wanted. My only concern is taking care of three woman. I’ve sold everything I made for close to 25 years. That’s good enough for me.

Best
Rick Menefee

Also both are fine humans! John is making a few slipjoints. I planned to go up and spend a week with him last year. Maybe next winter

I’m lucky
I lived my whole life doing what I wanted. My only concern is taking care of three woman. I’ve sold everything I made for close to 25 years. That’s good enough for me.

Best
Rick Menefee

Rick in my opinion you made your own footsteps. Nothing wrong with either paths. All stated are great knife makers in their own rights.
I’m fortunate as well. I have one of his original patterns for his drop point hunter.
Godogs - care to share a picture of the pattern?
Mornin gents, AhHu!!!! GW hasn't got one??? Well there then. We finally found something GW doesn't have 4 or 5 of. Course he's probably out using one & will probably prove me wrong later today. Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦

I see another Olt Loveless in my future. This time I'm thinking Buffalo Horn and stainless.
Someone was selling this a couple of months ago. 5700.00 I think it was.http://imgur.com/a/ydcqcnm
https://imgur.com/a/ydcqcnm
Nice and tooooo bad they only have one for sale.
© 24hourcampfire