Home
Posted By: Mathsr Little trout & Bird - 01/25/20
This is a little Scandi style trout & bird knife I finished a little while back. It has a CPM S30V blade and a carved axis stag handle. I love doing these carved handles and have a couple more in the works for customers. Sorry about the picture, I didn't notice the dog hair on the blade until the knife had already been delivered to the customer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: longarm Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/25/20
Wow!
Posted By: OldRooster Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/25/20
Beautiful work.
Very nice Harry
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/25/20
That’s really nice.

How long does the carving take?
Harry you and your brother have made a few knives for me. I think two or three maybe. Was a long time ago, all were great knives. My uncle and best friend have them now. Good to see you posting on here.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/26/20
Big Dave I have completed the carving of a handle, from the design to ready to fit the blade, in a week, but I was motivated. $$$$ grin
I would much rather work on these when I am in the mood and not get in a hurry.
This is a picture of a handle I did on a Bowie. The background is dyed and it makes it a little easier to see the carving.

Beautiful work
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/26/20
MontanaCreekHunter, glad you liked our Twin Blades knives! We have a good many knives in Montana including the first handle I carved. It had flames on the handle that might remind you of a 1950's hot rod!

We got too busy a few years ago and decided to slow down some, but we are still at it. Just being a little more picky about what we make and trying to kick our work up a few notches.... I guess when you get older slowing down comes kind of natural, but that doesn't mean that we are going to let each other slack off on the knife making. Charlie (348srfun) is still my biggest critic...Hope to post some more of the knives we make as they leave our shop. We try to respect the Fire's wishes and don't offer knives for sale here, but it is murder not posting what we do here.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Big Dave I have completed the carving of a handle, from the design to ready to fit the blade, in a week, but I was motivated. $$$$ grin
I would much rather work on these when I am in the mood and not get in a hurry.
This is a picture of a handle I did on a Bowie. The background is dyed and it makes it a little easier to see the carving.

That’s something! The dye really sets it off.
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/26/20
Beautiful work
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/26/20
Post more Harry.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Little trout & Bird - 01/27/20
Dillonbuck, Here are a couple from the past.

First is a Scandi style knife made by my brother Charlie and the other twin in Twin Blades. It has a more traditional sheath and a handle made of walrus ivory. Charlie (348srfun) carved the ivory in an oak leaf design. I believe the blade is CPM S30V. Jim Cooper took the picture. I'm not sure why the credit got cut off it.

A little bit different style. This push dagger is a collaboration between Charlie and I. Charlie made the blade which screws into the handle I made. The blade is 3/8 inch thick 1095 and the handle is Lowe's steel. This one was a bit of a pain to make. Jim Small engraving and a Coop Picture again...
© 24hourcampfire