Home
Posted By: elkchsr Finished Another One Tonight - 03/19/20
Finished another one. Blade is 21 layers of 1095 and 15n20. Handle is G10. I plan on using this one hard to see what breaks first.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yowsir!

GWB
I like it!
Thanks!
nice
Nice!!
I always liked the orange G10 for a hunter. I'm not sure why more people don't ask for it.
Very cool! Love the pattern.

Good luck breaking that; it looks stout!
Finished another one. Definitely got the inspiration from the Ingram thread. 😎 First time using 80CRV2.

Excellent!!!!
Latest one, 5160 and G10 scales with red liners.

Nice.. Selling any of those????
Nice blades. If you decide to sell any let me know
Some nice blades you have there.
Thanks guys! I think I still have a ways to go before any are good enough to sell. Still enjoying the whole process. I’ve been going through so much propane that I’m pretty sure the guy at the dealer thinks I’m cooking meth.
Nice work man! What are you using to put the texture/gloves in the g10?
Sorry it took so long to answer, just saw the question. I’m using a carbide burr on a dremel tool. Seems to work pretty well and doesn’t take too long.
Finished this one last night. Blade is 1095 and 15n20. My first attempt at raindrop Damascus. The pattern looked really good, but I ended up grinding through most of it, lesson learned. 😎

The scales are Jade G10 with black spacers and black G10 pins. I like how this one turned out.

Posted By: RNF Re: Finished Another One Tonight - 05/16/20
Your Damascus turned out really nice. Good looking knife.
Finally got a chance to play around in the garage again. This one is 15n20 and a piece of a spring from a railroad car. Second attempt at raindrop pattern. I like the way this one turned out.

Nice.

I like that jade / blue look.
They are nice knives! You’re well on your way.

Todd
Originally Posted by elkchsr
Finished this one last night. Blade is 1095 and 15n20. My first attempt at raindrop Damascus. The pattern looked really good, but I ended up grinding through most of it, lesson learned. 😎

The scales are Jade G10 with black spacers and black G10 pins. I like how this one turned out.

If you make any more of these and start selling them, you could call this your "Topography" pattern damascus! laugh

Looks really cool.
Nice looking blades. The Damascus turned out nice.
Might be my favorite one yet. Made out of a spring from a train car I picked up at a derailment I was working last month. The scales are ironwood.

Very cool. You've definitely got talent.
Thank you!
Might be my favorite one yet. Made out of a spring from a train car I picked up at a derailment I was working last month. The scales are ironwood.

That's a neat, and good looking knife there. Very cool.
Now that hunting season is over, I’ve been playing around with the forge again. This one is my version of a Canadian Skinner that I saw in a post here.

Second one is 80CRV2 and desert ironwood.

Nice!! How was hunting season??
Finished this one for my sister in law. I’ve had the blade done since before Christmas, just finally got around to the handle. Don’t want to rush into these things. 😁

Finished this one for my sister in law. I’ve had the blade done since before Christmas, just finally got around to the handle. Don’t want to rush into these things. 😁

Nice one !!!
© 24hourcampfire