Home
I'm getting a good number of orders for my Canadian Skinner in this configuration. Blaze orange G-10 handles with a black G-10 liner. I seem to make about an equal amount out of CPM-154 stainless and O-1 carbon steel. This particular one is made from CPM-154 and headed out to Virginia yesterday. She has a parachute cord thong tied off with a two-strand diamond knot, which always gives me fits. I made the sheath as well. Shaving sharp as always. Thanks for looking.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That’s nice!
Looks good and your knot came out great!
Nice knife, but I am going to have to look up instructions on that knot.
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
Nice knife, but I am going to have to look up instructions on that knot.

There are a number of youtube videos on how to tie it. For whatever reason, each time I tie it, I need to look at the video again. Probably old age...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vYVP4AzMu8
That's a nice rendition of that pattern. Well done Sir.
Posted By: RNF Re: My Canadian skinner headed out - 05/20/20
Originally Posted by woods_walker
That's a nice rendition of that pattern. Well done Sir.

I agree. I like it also.
Nice.
Excellent pattern! Dimensions, please.

RS
Evnin gents, oops lady's to. That is reeeely nice Godogs 57.!!!! I'm still saving up for that knife you had on here one time, the George Heron \ Wayne Hendrix style one. How about posting another pic of it?? This retirement on a fixed income sucks, & the $$$$ difference well!!! Love the orange handles, nice wood or bone is fine but the practically of orange handle on something I would hate to loose!!! When my turn comes around I'm sure I'll request the orange. Bill out. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
That’s a skinning sumbitch with a nice point to work the back legs down to the arse.
I’m in on that. PM incoming.
I like that a bunch!
Looking great!
Very nice!!!
very nice hank....need to come see you at ur shop
Come on by anytime.

Thanks for the kind words folks.

GWPGUY, which knife are you referring to?
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Excellent pattern! Dimensions, please.

RS

7.5” total, ~ 3” blade. I can make to any dimensions preferred tho.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I'm getting a good number of orders for my Canadian Skinner in this configuration. Blaze orange G-10 handles with a black G-10 liner. I seem to make about an equal amount out of CPM-154 stainless and O-1 carbon steel. This particular one is made from CPM-154 and headed out to Virginia yesterday. She has a parachute cord thong tied off with a two-strand diamond knot, which always gives me fits. I made the sheath as well. Shaving sharp as always. Thanks for looking.

Looks WAY good!
Dimensions?
Great work Hank. That knife is just begging to be put to work
Mornin Godog, Bill here. It was quite the same as that one, maybe was,just a different angle. The one we're a couple guys we're kidding me about trading something for part of the payment!!! . It kind of resembled a George Heron or Wayne Hendrix knife but had a better grind that was more pronounced. Anyway, doesn't matter, I'm still saving up for it. Was serious about it, you'll get a call someday.. Thanks for your time, Bill out. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Nice Job. Very practical knife, see why you're getting lots of orders.
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Looks WAY good!
Dimensions?
I posted dimensions just before you posted. 7.5” total length and a 3” blade. However, I can alter dimensions any way you wish to fit your needs. Making the same knife with a somewhat longer blade for a gentleman right now. Get with me if I can help you in any way.
Godogs, please post a pic of that one too!
Just got out of heat treat last night. Now on to tempering.
© 24hourcampfire