Home
Posted By: blgoode Sidekick knife pattern - 05/28/20
Sidekick pattern ready for duty! I always understand why this size knife is a killer size to have around. Not too big.... or too small for most tasks. Just over 3” blade on this pattern.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/28/20
Very true, the size thing. I don't know about the USA but if ya pull out a fixed blade knife out up here in Canucistan everyone almost freeks!! But ya can pull out a folder with 4-5 inch blade & everyone wants to see it??? Weird!! Need to design a kydex sheath that can grip to bottom of pocket, or clip on but have the knife ride really low & out of sight. Nice work, cool size, could do most things for sure. Bill out. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Posted By: blgoode Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/28/20
Thanks for the input Bill. I agree with the everyone wants to see a folding knife but look cock headed at a fixed for some reason smile it is an odd phenomenon.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/28/20
I like shorter handles to, your little finger is just along for the ride anyway. You don't loose any control, I don't think anyway. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Posted By: geedubya Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/28/20
I like the look!

What are the specifics?

Thanx in advance

GWB
The cutting edge is 3.125”. I’d have to measure the pattern but the overall is around 7.5”. I’d need to measure to be exact. It is with 1/8” thick stock.

0-1 carbon steel and Micarta handle material.
7.25” overall smile
I like that!
Posted By: MOGC Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/29/20
Pretty finish on the blade.
I’m starting to wise up that ~3” or a touch larger is just right.
Posted By: blgoode Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/29/20
Exactly! I like larger but just a tad. All you need for deer and most game around me. In woods for camp knife maybe different story but for the most part I use a folding saw for processing any wood. These days I prefer to not even have a fire. Too much work and conserve energy and use alcohol stove to cook with on trips.
Posted By: ShortMagFan Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/30/20
I like that. Some nice looking ones on your website too
Posted By: blgoode Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/30/20
Thanks Short Mag. Looking forward to getting back to work on some I have in progress tomorrow. I like to stay busy.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/30/20
I like the pattern, but for me, a blade that short would work better with less height on the blade. I would not order the finger groove. Did you blue the steel?
Posted By: blgoode Re: Sidekick knife pattern - 05/30/20
I have a pattern similar to what your describing called the Gremlin.
The steel is ferric chloride etched.
© 24hourcampfire