Home
I hunt in NW Pennsylvania and have a couple nice bucks developing on public land. In mid-May, the largest was about 18-20" tip to tip. I'm thinking this will be a nice buck come fall, which made me wonder when they're all done growing antlers. I'm guessing early Sept, but am I wrong?

PA buck‘s antlers stop growing in mid-August.
down here the first rut starts mid august . mid to late July hard horn
mostly hard horn by mid-late August here. can get one with velvet tatters in early bow season. but August seems to be when the growth is done.
Thanks guys!
They dont stop until they split the velvet. They slow down considerably 2-3 weeks prior.
They grow every day until just before they shed velvet...
Around here it seems like the first part of September. Labor Day'ish.
Late August
Here it’s Mid-August

GreggH
Depends a lot on who's telling the story.
I believe I heard from a deer farmer who said it can vary from each individual buck. I think there is some truth to this, as just this year around the end of June, I saw a buck on trail cam around 140" and looks to be almost finished, he may add a little more height, while many other older bucks were just starting to fork their main beams and G2s. I'm sure there is a general average, but I think some bucks start earlier or later than others for whatever reason.
I don't have any info on this subject, but I do know that some of the bucks here were late shedding their antlers this year. I quit seeing any antlers at the extreme end of March. In the past I have found, and know people that have had antlers fall off of animals they have shot, in December. Most here shed by February, most years. I have a camera out at a salt lick, that I like to keep an eye on things. miles
Late August
© 24hourcampfire