Home
Posted By: devnull Hunting Blinds - 09/17/20
I'm interested in seeing what folks use for hunting blinds / shooting houses. I've been looking at several models and there is no such thing as an inexpensive hard-sided shooting house. Building it today and lumber costs are out of sight. What are you using and what kind of prices are you seeing?
Posted By: crc1514 Re: Hunting Blinds - 09/17/20
I hunt out of Redneck brand fiberglass blinds. I haven’t tried their soft sided blinds. They’re pretty nice but there are things I’d like to change. I’m not too far from the factory so they are fairly common here. I was able to buy the last 2 used off of Craigslist.
Posted By: cotis Re: Hunting Blinds - 09/18/20
I have the same question. I saw an elevated hard-sided blind last week for $699 but cannot for the life of me remember where I read about it....
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Hunting Blinds - 09/18/20
Blynd

www.blynd.com

Have loved it for 20 years. Lightweight, easy to transport, easy to maneuver in the woods all by myself, safely. And, excellent protection from the elements.
Posted By: Stan V Re: Hunting Blinds - 09/18/20
Lumber is up big time. Just finished 3, 4x6 treated with 1/2" ply walls, with tin roofs. About $600 each. This includes the stairs.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Hunting Blinds - 09/19/20
Blow downs or broken off and piled/leaned cedars and pines, great cover scent in those too, melt in, become part of the blind, with favorable wind, deer and other game will near step on you, all the better with nothing on for footwear but wool socks or wearing moccasins, close up ground hunting is loaded with more than a few satisfying memories.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Hunting Blinds - 09/20/20
Originally Posted by crc1514
I hunt out of Redneck brand fiberglass blinds. I haven’t tried their soft sided blinds. They’re pretty nice but there are things I’d like to change. I’m not too far from the factory so they are fairly common here. I was able to buy the last 2 used off of Craigslist.

I hunt out of Redneck blinds too. You can stay warm and dry in the worst conditions.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hunting Blinds - 09/20/20
I just built two, about 400.00 each for metal and plywood.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: BKS Re: Hunting Blinds - 11/09/20
I have two of these fiberglass blinds. Both are on platforms with skids. 1 sits on the ground and this one is roughly 10’ up.

Attached picture 896A8743-FE19-404D-AFBC-9C7A7EDDCC50.jpeg
Posted By: hanco Re: Hunting Blinds - 11/09/20
Got the other one put up.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: kendibs Re: Hunting Blinds - 11/11/20
Took many deer from a cloth "Penthouse" tent blind which I have only used during bow.

Do it the right way and they will get almost too close.

-Ken
© 24hourcampfire