Home
Camped a bit in Idaho, then in Yellowstone, then Grand Tetons. Finally made my way to northeast Wyoming where I successfully hunted mule deer and antelope with my Ruger Number One. It's a fine rifle 20-some years old, but I bought it last winter from the original owner, and this was the first time it had been hunting. The mule deer fell instantly. The antelope was poorly hit on my first shot and required a finishing shot. I hate that.

But - the freezer is full of good venison, and more hunting is on the horizon. I am pleased.

This year I was limping around from an injury. Wasn't able to hike as much, or as fast as usual. So, I'm just grateful that I was able to fill those Wyoming tags.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

No photos of the antelope because after the finishing shot there was no way to make it pretty.

I handloaded 160 grain Sierra Game King SPBT bullets to 3050 fps via RL-22 in the 7mm Remington Magnum. Quite accurate and dang, quite lethal when properly applied. I'll get around to photographing the recovered bullets one of these days. Nice mushroom. Recovered from just under the off-side hide.

Hoping everyone else has a mighty fine deer hunt as well.

Regards, Guy
Well done. My biggest fallow buck ever was taken with my Ruger No.1 in 7x57.................which makes it all the more betterer.
"More betterer" is important.

Absolutely. smile

Guy
Nice work guy. I need to break my #1 out and do some killin
Originally Posted by Cascade
Camped a bit in Idaho, then in Yellowstone, then Grand Tetons. Finally made my way to northeast Wyoming where I successfully hunted mule deer and antelope with my Ruger Number One. It's a fine rifle 20-some years old, but I bought it last winter from the original owner, and this was the first time it had been hunting. The mule deer fell instantly. The antelope was poorly hit on my first shot and required a finishing shot. I hate that.

But - the freezer is full of good venison, and more hunting is on the horizon. I am pleased.

This year I was limping around from an injury. Wasn't able to hike as much, or as fast as usual. So, I'm just grateful that I was able to fill those Wyoming tags.

No photos of the antelope because after the finishing shot there was no way to make it pretty.

I handloaded 160 grain Sierra Game King SPBT bullets to 3050 fps via RL-22 in the 7mm Remington Magnum. Quite accurate and dang, quite lethal when properly applied. I'll get around to photographing the recovered bullets one of these days. Nice mushroom. Recovered from just under the off-side hide.

Hoping everyone else has a mighty fine deer hunt as well.

Regards, Guy

Congrats!
Excellent rifle, deer and attitude smile
Great buck, taken with a classy rifle. Congrats!
NICE!!!
Nice buck, congratulations.
Congrats. Nice buck. Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations. Nice buck
Awesome!! Love that rifle too.
Hey man !

My Admiration, Appreciation, & Congrats on ALL

HuntS - far out !

Lope - far out !

Muley - Far Out !

# 1, 7 RM.... FAAAR Out !

Jerry
Nice job Guy, always enjoy your hunting write-ups. Best of luck recovering on that injury.
Congrats to you - looks like a nice buck and sounds like a successful trip!!
Sounds like a great adventure Guy I’m glad you were able to do all that sounds awesome! Congrats on the full freezer too!
© 24hourcampfire