Home
Looking at getting another pop up packable hunting blind. What have you found to be the best quality for the money? I will be packing it in about a mile. So need something with shoulder straps. What say you?
The Rogers sporting good ground blinds fit your bill well. I have two that are around 5 years old and they are still going strong. Admittedly I don't leave them out all season.
Thanks strick, looks like they have some good options.
Cutting brush and making a slash pile works well if it is allowed on the property.
I like the Ameristep Brickhouse but I don't think I'd want to carry it a mile.
Ameristep but I have gotten good service from off brands like from Tractor Supply, forgot the make but the window screen is one way and better than my Ameristep. Now is a good time to buy as Cabela's and many others are having their Black Friday sales early. Sportsmans guide is another option for a less expensive blind. The better the blind the heavier it will be in most cases.
Look for one of those “outhouse” style blinds.

Tall and tee-pee shaped.

Doesn’t have the hub structure like the square block style.

Folds into into itself in a disc.

Kind no frills. But works.
I bought 3 of those at Walmart for $60 each a few years ago when it rained on opening day. Don't know what brand but no way would I spend $150 for one, they aren't useful enough to spend that much. They work, you will stay dry, I would not use one unless I had no other option because of how small they are inside. I carry a $2 box of saran wrap to make a makeshift umbrella from tree branches. Good luck
© 24hourcampfire