Home
Posted By: Joshm28 Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/22/20
This morning was our firearm opener. We’ve stayed off this property all now season due to pine thinning and not wanting to pressure the property. I snuck in Thursday and hung a stand in a smaller little tract of pines that held bunches of deer but was previously unhuntable due to how thick it was. 29 min after sunrise I caught 4 bucks slipping out of the hardwoods. This guy was in the lead. I passed on him 3 times last year due to his age. He didn’t get a pass this morning lol. Ended up weighing 201 lbs which is heavy for Alabama. It’s also the first buck I’ve shot in 2 years (me and my buddy try to only shoot 4.5yo deer or older). Pretty exciting morning! He’s a mainframe 8 with 3 kickers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Congrats on a nice buck.
Posted By: memtb Re: Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/22/20

👍 Nice buck....Congratulations. memtb
Posted By: jimy Re: Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/22/20
Nice buck.
200 lbs is a big buck to me. Congrats. What cartridge?

P
Beautiful deer. Congrats!
Woot woot 👍🏽👍🏻
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Carolina Precision 7mm Rem Mag
Barnes TTSX over a hefty dose of R22
Bullet pushing close to 3300fps.
Posted By: skeen Re: Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/22/20
Alright!
Posted By: S1pb Re: Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/22/20
Nice Buck!
Good deal! We have an unusual amount of bucks show up this year. More bucks than does actually, according to the cameras. No luck for me yet. I passed on a 4pt basket rack and he was all I saw yesterday in DeKalb. What part you in?
Nice job. Congrats.
He's a dandy for sure
Great job. Beautiful buck.

I saw diddly SQUAT but got to help a fellow club member clean a small 8pt.

What part of the state are you hunting?
NW part of the state. Eastern Fayette County. Me and a buddy lease right at 700 acres. Just me him and his son hunts it so pressure is kept at a minimum. (We have other leases too). That part of the state is hilly and we have 350’ of elevation change on 700 acres. Doesn’t sound like much to the western and appalachians but Alabama can be extremely flat in a lot of areas. We have spent 7 years increasing food plot sizes, feeding, building water holes, etc. it was extremely tough hunting at first but it’s proven to get better every year. We only average 1 buck a year off this property but I hope that changes this year.
Nice deer!
Posted By: RNF Re: Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/23/20
Nice buck.
Posted By: Hook Re: Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/24/20
Originally Posted by Joshm28

P

I'll bet that thang over penetrated!

Congrats on a really nice buck. All I accomplished Saturday was to watch a large covey of quail feed through the hardwoods right past my feet. They disappeared into some thick ground cover and didn't come out. About an hour later when I decided to leave, I got off my stool and walked over to that spot. Even though I was expecting it, the covey flush still took my breath for a second.

What part of Alabama do you hunt?
Originally Posted by Hook
Originally Posted by Joshm28

P

I'll bet that thang over penetrated!

Congrats on a really nice buck. All I accomplished Saturday was to watch a large covey of quail feed through the hardwoods right past my feet. They disappeared into some thick ground cover and didn't come out. About an hour later when I decided to leave, I got off my stool and walked over to that spot. Even though I was expecting it, the covey flush still took my breath for a second.

What part of Alabama do you hunt?

Fayette county. About the only wild covey of quail I ever see is on a buddies farm on Cedar Creek south of Selma. And they will scare you every damn time 😂
Posted By: hanco Re: Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/26/20
Great buck. Congrats
Posted By: jwall Re: Opening Morning Alabama Buck - 11/26/20
I'd waited......till the firing pin hit the primer.!! grin

Jerry
Nice deer!
Nice Buck!
Boy you can tell he's heavy in that pic. That belly is round.
Congratulations
© 24hourcampfire