Home
Posted By: ctsmith Rut Pics - 11/24/20
We've got a preserve in south Bama on about 200 acres. It was fenced and stocked in January of 2019 with 20 bred does and 4 buck fawns. The buck fawns are now 2.5 years old. This is the best one on the place. Don't know the long range plans. Will not personally hunt it, don't intend to run it commercially, maybe sell a few "hunts" a year for the money maker bucks, to pay the bills, and donate others, or use for business development, etc., time will tell. In the meantime, we watch deer!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Judman Re: Rut Pics - 11/24/20
I love that pic Clint, great shot!đź‘Ť
Posted By: skeen Re: Rut Pics - 11/24/20
Originally Posted by ctsmith
We've got a preserve in south Bama on about 200 acres. It was fenced and stocked in January of 2019 with 20 bred does and 4 buck fawns. The buck fawns are now 2.5 years old. This is the best one on the place. Don't know the long range plans. Will not personally hunt it, don't intend to run it commercially, maybe sell a few "hunts" a year for the money maker bucks, to pay the bills, and donate others, or use for business development, etc., time will tell. In the meantime, we watch deer!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

That buck is only 2.5 years old? Holy Boone & Crockett.
Posted By: Judman Re: Rut Pics - 11/24/20
Unbelievable ain’t it skeen???
Posted By: GregW Re: Rut Pics - 11/24/20
Super awesome photo dude. I'll take a 20*30" framed please....
Posted By: 805 Re: Rut Pics - 11/24/20
Incredible picture. Are you feeding supplements also? It’s amazing what some quality nutrition does for animals.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Rut Pics - 11/25/20
Skeen, that indeed is a two year old deer.

805, yes supplemental feeding pellets, as much as they will eat, which varies dramatically throughout the year. In the spring and summer feed last forever. Starting in October they will break you.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Rut Pics - 11/25/20
Originally Posted by GregW
Super awesome photo dude. I'll take a 20*30" framed please....

Greg, we're trading your buck for a Mexico Coues!
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: Rut Pics - 11/25/20
My uncle raises deer in se Minnesota
He had over 300 last time I was there, a few years ago
He has some awesome deer too.
© 24hourcampfire