Home
Posted By: JamesJr Feeding Them Good - 03/21/21
This has been a typical sight all winter. I counted 23 of them in this wheat field the other day. Camera didn't get them all.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: jimdgc Re: Feeding Them Good - 03/21/21
Looks like you need to invite someone from Kentucky over to shoot some deer.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Feeding Them Good - 03/21/21
This is the toughest time of the year for them.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Feeding Them Good - 03/21/21
They eat good here. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: hanco Re: Feeding Them Good - 03/21/21
Deer like winter wheat, hunted over fields of it in Coleman county.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Feeding Them Good - 03/30/21
Pork&bean with a side of chips?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Feeding Them Good - 04/23/21
They like oats also
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Feeding Them Good - 05/12/21
For as long as I remember we helped the deer out though winter with whole corn as a treat and alfalfa for good health. With our stupid laws they'll issue tickets for feeding them if someone turns ya in, I've only gotten 2 of them. We get a lot of snow here and usually the ground is froze so there are many like me that helps them out.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Feeding Them Good - 05/25/21
Originally Posted by DANNYL
For as long as I remember we helped the deer out though winter with whole corn as a treat and alfalfa for good health. With our stupid laws they'll issue tickets for feeding them if someone turns ya in, I've only gotten 2 of them. We get a lot of snow here and usually the ground is froze so there are many like me that helps them out.

We've gone out and dropped trees so they could eat the buds. The past several years we've had logging done so there are plenty of tops for them to browse. (They can't ticket you for that as far as I know.)
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Feeding Them Good - 05/25/21
I am guessing that state rules prohibit you from putting out a feeder. Maybe grow some winter oats, they seem to like that here.
Posted By: CBB Re: Feeding Them Good - 05/26/21
Planted 2 acres of corn, a half acre of chicory and a 3rd acre of sugar beets Monday. Rain supposed to hit today.
© 24hourcampfire