Home
Blaze orange clothing is beginning to show up on clothes lines, porches, etc. throughout Wisconsin. 600,000 to 650,000 deer hunters will be out in the woodlots and forests opening weekend dressed in the mandatory orange.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Yeah, orange is the trendy pop of color complimenting many yards in WI this week.

Good luck to ya, roundoak. As if..... laugh
On my way down to my dad's place last Friday midday there tons of orange hats on dashboards and guys wearing them while driving.

Makes me laugh, nothing like a blaze orange rolling billboard.

BTW, what's brand is the reversible vest?

Post-Halloween pumpkin patch kids . . .
Originally Posted by SKane
Yeah, orange is the trendy pop of color complimenting many yards in WI this week.

Good luck to ya, roundoak. As if..... laugh
Thanks, good luck to you and all the other hunters.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
On my way down to my dad's place last Friday midday there tons of orange hats on dashboards and guys wearing them while driving.

Makes me laugh, nothing like a blaze orange rolling billboard.

BTW, what's brand is the reversible vest?
Cabela's
Heaading to Cabelas...want to be just like Roundoak when I grow up,,,,cant find any TINKS! smile
Got the orange washed and waxed ready to go. Just bought a few groceries and now it’s time to pack the clothes. Heading north Friday morning. Good luck to all of you. Shoot straight and be safe.
Go get em boys!
I have hunted the family's 80 acres by myself the last few years..... this year I got a 35 y/o nephew to come out hunting for the first time.... I promised him a deer stand or three.... to pick from, and I would take care of all his dead deer needs....

He's all excited... he has three tags in his pocket.... I fixed him up with ammo... helped him get his gun sited in... coached him on how to reduce his sent...

Fingers crossed....
The only reason I washed mine is because of the mud and blood from last year. I usually just pack the orange back into the tub with a dirt and leaves dryer sheet in it if I don’t sweat them up. The mud would look tacky if I didn’t wash it off.
Good luck to everyone and post some pictures
It is the required uniform of the Pumpkin Army.

TR
It wasn't always a blaze orange requirement. Red was the color and buffalo plaid black and red along with other black/red combinations qualified. It was the Red Army at that time.
Yep. My father circa 1973. blush

That’s way back when I had hair 😂

Nice buck in the Alders. Why am I not surprised?
Yes, the state is getting spun up for hunting. Talked to some teenage sons and daughters of relatives, and was neat to see how excited they get for the start of the normal gun season.

In rural parts of the state the Deer gun season is still the Social event of the year for an awful lot of people.

I will be organizing my gear and clothing today in preparation, which is an event I look forward to every year.

Good luck to all Wisconsin hunters.

May the deer be plentiful,
Your aim be true,
and your mind be open to the magic that a November woods during the deer season can gift you.
Yellow was okay back in the 60's too. Now florescent pink is legal though I sure wonder why the neon highway worker green isn't an approved color as well? 50% high visibility orange/pink above the waist not including the sleeves is all that is required by law and that is all I'm going to be with camo orange. They have been citing guys for not being enough vivid orange because they have been wearing the same old washed out orange hunting cloths for years.

That is a dead serious hunter there. Pump shotgun?
Yep, 870 - don't remember how the barrel was choked but IIRC, he had a specific smoothbore barrel that threw slugs better than the other barrels he had at the time.

Here's an even more serious one for ya - one of my all-time favorite photos.
Dad got in a little hunting before work - don't think that attire passed visibility requirements. laugh
Are you serious? Blue jeans, dress shirt and tie. That is a real hero photo. laugh

Hella chops there!!
Originally Posted by roundoak
600,000 to 650,000 deer hunters will be out in the woodlots and forests opening weekend dressed in the mandatory orange.

Careful . . . you may offend a LGBTQ hunter, as blaze pink has been allowed for the past few years, as I recall.

On another note and judging from the disappointed faces coming and going from the LGS, a good portion of the 600-650K deer hunters maybe a few rounds short of what they'd normally hit the woods with. (This doesn't take into account those that have new rifles that haven't been sighted-in due to the ammo crunch !)
Yep, 870 - don't remember how the barrel was choked but IIRC, he had a specific smoothbore barrel that threw slugs better than the other barrels he had at the time.

Dad got in a little hunting before work - don't think that attire passed visibility requirements. laugh

Scott, had you not mentioned that the gentleman in the pic was your Dad, I'd have suggested that the pictured gentleman was a resident of the state to our south.
laugh
Orange is starting to bloom here in Pa too. Saturday opens Rifle bear. Im going to sneak out for an hour before work, then leave work around 230 to be set up over a swamp that borders a conrfield till dark

Nice!!

That. Is. Awesome!!! grin grin grin
I stopped at Fleet yesterday after work to pick up extra foot warmers just in case. You wouldn't believe all the guys looking to buy ammo to sight-in. Almost scary.

The semi from fleet last week that started fire was right by our cottage. Haven't heard if any ammo was saved
I'm near Brantwood right now...Price County. Got the wood burner fired up and the chili should be ready by 1. Can't wait til morning!
Originally Posted by RandyR
I stopped at Fleet yesterday after work to pick up extra foot warmers just in case. You wouldn't believe all the guys looking to buy ammo to sight-in. Almost scary.

The semi from fleet last week that started fire was right by our cottage. Haven't heard if any ammo was saved

If they were looking at fleet to buy ammo, they’re in trouble from the start.
© 24hourcampfire