Home
Posted By: Rickshaw Dead deer - 12/01/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My dad at 75 still getting it done,

Filled a pa doe tag this evening, .270 wby and 140 accubond at 130 yards. Just filling the freezer.
Posted By: skeen Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

My dad at 75 still getting it done,

Filled a pa doe tag this evening, .270 wby and 140 accubond at 130 yards. Just filling the freezer.

Good for Dad!
Posted By: Jericho Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
TY for sharing Rick. awesome pictures
Posted By: battue Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Great...well done!!!!
Posted By: hanco Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Congrats
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Hell yeah he is. Very nice
Posted By: jc189 Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Congrats
Posted By: pullit Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Good for him, congrats
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Congrats to dad!!!!
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Nice work!
Posted By: Dobegrant Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Well done, hope to be hunting like your dad for many years
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Well done
Posted By: SPK Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
My new mentor....congrats sir!
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Congrats to both. Your dad is pretty cool. Hope I can still go deer hunting at 75. This is a great inspirational picture. Thanks.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Congrats and I can only hope to be still getting it done @ 75!
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Thanks all y'all. I appreciate the kind words.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Nice. Congrats.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Dead deer - 12/01/21
Way to go, Dad.
Posted By: Forthyfour Re: Dead deer - 12/02/21
well done. congratulation
Posted By: rong Re: Dead deer - 12/02/21
Good eats.
I as well hope to be still at it at 75.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Dead deer - 12/02/21
Good for your Dad, congratulations.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Dead deer - 12/02/21
So great to see.

I wish my Dad could still get around. He would have loved to have been with me- and vice versa.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Dead deer - 12/03/21
Dad got me into deer hunting when I was just a kid, but in retrospect I think that I got to go to deer camp because I was very proficient at doing the dishes. Hunting with his old lodge buddies, it seemed to me that I got to be on the driving end of a lot of the deer drives. Great early memories. As I got older I would find dad and other guys in camp good places to post. Then dad and mom went to Arizona for the winters and I hunted other places. One year dad, then in his 80's said that he'd like to borrow a rifle and try hunting again with another old guy. I loaned him my 7mm RM and darned if he didn't shoot a nice ten pointer off his old stand! I'm not sure who was more surprised, me, dad or the deer. I sure miss that old guy.
Posted By: River21 Re: Dead deer - 01/11/22
Nice
Posted By: River21 Re: Dead deer - 01/11/22
Congratulations
Posted By: Tony22 Re: Dead deer - 02/20/22
Congrats
Posted By: Winnie70 Re: Dead deer - 02/20/22
Hey Rick, nice one there of your dad. Cherish the memories with him long as you can....all things come to an end. Lost my only younger brother last year and we hunted together for years...miss him some kinda bad. I am 76 and still still hunting...thank my Lord every day to do the things I love. Getting ready for turkey season now. So your Dad still in good health I hope?
Posted By: SKane Re: Dead deer - 02/20/22
Fantastic!
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Dead deer - 02/21/22
Winnie70,

My dad is in pretty good health, thanks. He drove up to pa for a visit this weekend. Headed back to NC this morning. He had a bout with COVID over Christmas but weathered it fine. I’m hoping to get down there to turkey hunt and then he’s planning to be back here to chase gobblers again too, Lord willing.

Definitely appreciate every hunt with him. We’ve been blessed to enjoy a lot and look forward to many more.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Dead deer - 03/14/22
I - We had to come to the realization - this season - that Dad's hunting days are now past. Friggin hard to accept but he is 86, on dialysis, now with a cracked bone in his back.....

For some year he kept saying he thought he had to hang it up but I kept finding ways to get him out there. When he could no longer view reticles without them become squiggly we bought him a red dot. When his shoulder could no longer take recoil I was out there with him and an AR.

My best friend is my newer hunting buddy and we share a lease. He is now 64 I think and walks a bit of a gimp. I know the lease we have won't last forever. and we are rather spoiled having it to ourselves.

All this SHOULD last forever- but it don't.

So congrats and your posting proves you understand this.
Posted By: 257 roberts Re: Dead deer - 03/14/22
Fantastic, good for him....he looks like he keeps himself in good shape and that certainly a plus.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Dead deer - 03/14/22
Dad's are special hunting partners, congratulations on the deer. Hopefully we'll get another hunting season in this year.
Posted By: Deans Re: Dead deer - 03/14/22
By the Love and Blessing of God I am still able to go at 71. Have a cow elk hunt scheduled December in NM.

Posted By: Edsteel Re: Dead deer - 03/16/22
Cool pics guys 👍. My dad long passed but would love to be shooting some deer when I'm their age..
© 24hourcampfire