Home
Son and I set aside our trophy management goals for once and let Hutson get his first deer. I couldn’t be prouder. He’s been hunting with us since he was two years old and loves it! He’s been shooting various 22’s and such for a good while and has proven to be a good shot. This week he was hunting with our son and this buck showed up and gave him a nice broadside shot. I got down from my stand and videotaped the recovery. Perfect heart shot. He’s chomping at the bit to get #2 now.

He used my Carolina Precision Rifles 7/08 on this hunt. Now it’s his rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Earlier pics of my buddy:

A 6 year old will not remember a lot about his childhood but I be he will remember that day. Congrats to him
Awsome. My six year old daughter got a 7 pt opening day of youth season.
Nothing like watching them light up and jump out of bed an hour before daylight ready for another one
Outstanding!
Nice buck. Good deal; he’s probably hooked for life. 😊
Good stuff - great pictures!! Congrats to you both.
Congrats
Great way to teach kids. Picture clearly show the gun pointing a people.
All guns are always loaded. Just ask Alec Baldwin.
Nice work hank. Start em young. 👍
Nice!
Dang....6 years old with his first buck. Congrat's to the whole family. Your pictures are priceless.
Good job
Awesome!
congrats to the whole family on a memory for a lifetime
Congratulations to the young fellow and to you and your son - raising him right!
That’s very cool...Another generation of hunter begins at Hank’s house.

👍🏼🦫
That boys hooked now good job
Originally Posted by deer1
Great way to teach kids. Picture clearly show the gun pointing a people.

It was unloaded as soon as the buck was recovered. But I get your point.
Originally Posted by Judman
Nice work hank. Start em young. 👍

+1, congrats!
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Nice buck. Good deal; he’s probably hooked for life. 😊

Agreed, congratulations to all of you.
Cool pictures
Congrats to both of you
Originally Posted by pullit
Cool pictures
Congrats to both of you

Thanks so much.
Congratulations.
Nice work.
Congratulations
Cool and awesome rifle!
Awesome, congrats
got a hunting partner for life, that is for sure
That's awesome! Congrats to the lad - and to gramps!
Great job, and nice Sako by the way !
Tough to beat that!
Congrats to all, thats awesome. Love to see the little ones getting it done. I can't wait till next year, I'll be taking my grandkids deer hunting for the first time. They are 7 and 9. There doing pretty good with a .22 now. They will be ready for next season.
Nice work, congrats to you all
Congratulations for them men of your family. That's a big day and a blessing that you were all able to be a part of it. These are the memories I hope to have until the day I go home.
Memories for a lifetime.
congrats Minnesota laws here are 10 year olds so my grandson this year at 10 yrs .old got his 1st deer too its great for us guys to have grandkids we can hunt with. i for sure enjoy grandson shooting a deer over myself any day ! enjoy your grandkids makes life great !
Wow! Glad we live in GA. Ten years is a long time to wait. Our son was born on August 9th. His first deer hunt was that October. Wrapped him in a blanket and we sat in a ground blind and watched some deer. Mrs Godogs57 about divorced me over that but we weren’t but a couple hundred yards from our house. Grandson Hutson was two if I remember correctly when I took him the first time.

Start em young.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Wow! Glad we live in GA. Ten years is a long time to wait. Our son was born on August 9th. His first deer hunt was that October. Wrapped him in a blanket and we sat in a ground blind and watched some deer. Mrs Godogs57 about divorced me over that but we weren’t but a couple hundred yards from our house. Grandson Hutson was two if I remember correctly when I took him the first time.

Start em young.

Nothing beats hunting with kids. Whenever a deer would get close enough I'd let my kids shoot it with their BB guns. It might of kept them from moving around quite as much. We'd sure like a couple of grandkids, but the kids have different ideas. Our oldest is 36 and trades sweeties like cars.
That’s excellent. Congratulations
congrats to you both on a memory for a lifetime!
Such a Magnificent First Deer! All of you must be Elated!
Great pictures and congrats to both of you! I love seeing kids get their first!
Funny, but I have kills enough deer in my life I can't count them, but I remember EVERY deer I got when I was a kid, from 6 to 12 years old. That's the kind of memory that is true, lasting and pure. My congratulations to him. Those early kills are foundational, and all other hunting skills and field-craft skills are built on the basics learned when I was in those very young years. I think you are a wise man for getting him involved and "hand-on" in the very young years.
© 24hourcampfire