Home
RFW Colorado Unit 25 Burn Hole info experiences

Anybody have any experiences with this hunt and unit?
season like Nov 26 - Dec 5 2022 - 4 Tags available
Never hunted that one but I was a CO resident for 54 years and did quite a few hunts on RFW tags. Hunted bear, mulies, pronghorn and elk. They were all good hunts and the ranches want to see you have success. I'm guessing if you can pull the tag this one would be good too. The one I always wanted but could never draw was the moose tag on the Silver Springs Ranch and now that I'm a TX resident I can't put in for it any longer.
Well pulled RFW Mule Deer either sex tag for Burn Hole units 25/26 Colorado, also known as sunny side via bull basin outfitters.
Anybody have experiences with this area?
Anybody hunted in or near sunnyside unit 25 eagle county CO
I hunted all over Unit 25 for 25-300 years. Mostly elk, but I never saw a lot of deer and never saw one, I would call a trophy. At the most a smallish 4x4.
Bull basin takes some pretty nice ones out of there but better from other ranches.

I hunted it as a checked in "assistant" on another guys tag during the late section. I left home where I was taking pics of rutting 185-225" deer, drove over there and in just a couple days saw nothing over 150. I saw a couple older class small racked bucks, big heavy 3x. The tag holder was strongly attached to his truck seat, no doubt this had some influence on what we were seeing and my hasty departure, both. He ended up with a 135" pencil rack for his 18+ points expended.

Lots of deer to look at, colder than [bleep], pretty country. Take 4 sets of chains, and cross country skis and/or snowshoes or a snowmobile if you have access to one.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I hunted all over Unit 25 for 25-300 years. Mostly elk, but I never saw a lot of deer and never saw one, I would call a trophy. At the most a smallish 4x4.

Should have been 30, not 300

Should have been 30, not 300

I bet a few seasons felt like 300 years. I was with ya all the way. 😜
Well saw plenty of Mule Deer Buck hard to get into over 185ish few far between. Was wanting a typical 4 x 4
results.

[Linked Image from freesob.weebly.com]

Very Nice 3 x 3

And harvested this 4 x 4.

Always an adventure and fun hunting - No Regrets

Cool! Looks like awesome country.
Well done,what you figure on the 4x4 3.5 year old?
I'm guessing 4 or 5 max.
© 24hourcampfire