Home
Posted By: hanco Antlers - 09/13/22
These are some I’ve killed through the years. I had them hanging in my barn, had to take them down to replace the metal. A high school classmate of mine builds furniture, uses antlers for braces, etc. When I’m gone these will be thrown away, so I’m giving them to my friend. They might end up being part of something useful. I had eight really nice bucks mounted, sold them, was tired of looking at them.
The two at the bottom were knocked out of a bucks skull when he hit a low limb after I shot him. I thought I had killed a doe by mistake.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Antlers - 09/13/22
Some nice bucks there. I’ve got some good old antlers I thought about selling. Hard to tell if and where it’s legal.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Antlers - 09/13/22
Nice
Been pulling some of ours out of the rafters of building and giving them to the dogs.
Posted By: Teal Re: Antlers - 09/13/22
Threw a lot away when we were younger. Now "nice" ones get hung over the sink.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: skeen Re: Antlers - 09/13/22
Originally Posted by Raeford
Nice
Been pulling some of ours out of the rafters of building and giving them to the dogs.

They make great chew toys for the pups. smile

Posted By: RIO7 Re: Antlers - 09/13/22

one morning checking water holes, sheds

1 of our piles of sheds, after giving away a couple of pickup loads of sheds.

Sheds are a big problem here, they ruin a lot of tires, some of the pile we killed most of them we picked up. Rio7
Posted By: hanco Re: Antlers - 09/13/22
That is a hell of a pile
Posted By: ToddNE Re: Antlers - 09/14/22
I sold my small sheds to a local antler buyer last year and was hoping for for a couple hundred bucks but when he got done it totaled up to around $1700 well worth my time to save them all these years
Posted By: Raeford Re: Antlers - 09/14/22
What critter is that one on top of the pile from?
Elk?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Antlers - 09/14/22
ELK Rio7
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Antlers - 09/14/22
I've only got one head mounted, and a few antlers mounted, that were from hunts with my now-deceased grand dad, I've got the antlers from my first buck taken in the 1970s. I've given sets away to the Boy Scouts to make things, gave a set to a local living museum, given sets to family for decorations, and just thrown them out behind my property after I kept them awhile. My house isn't huge and piling up antlers just doesn't sit well with the wife.

Posted By: Scotty Re: Antlers - 09/26/22
what I enjoy is looking at an antler and remembering the hunt.
Posted By: kendibs Re: Antlers - 09/27/22
Originally Posted by Scotty
what I enjoy is looking at an antler and remembering the hunt.

+1

-Ken
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Antlers - 09/27/22
Wondering what to do with mine. Several elk sets on the garage front wall, bunch in the rafters, 3 elk mounts in the den, a few other deer and elk sets scattered about.
Posted By: hanco Re: Antlers - 09/27/22
I’m glad I gave mine away. They were taking up space
Posted By: baltz526 Re: Antlers - 09/29/22
My dog gets most of the antlers. I just toss them in the yard.
Posted By: MAC Re: Antlers - 09/29/22
Several years ago I decided I have enough antlers gathering dust in about 3 different places. Just hunt does now.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Antlers - 09/29/22
I gave away a bunch of the smaller ones a few years ago. I kept the larger ones and can remember the hunt on a few of them, especially the larger ones. Most of what I got left, I dont have a clue when or where I killed the deer.

Like MAC, I mostly shoot does.
Posted By: hanco Re: Antlers - 10/10/22
I need to shoot a doe, have some more sausage made.
© 24hourcampfire