Home
Posted By: shaman Deer Camp is Officially Open - 11/11/22
I would like to announce that Der Bauernhof am Loch im Ende des Stumpfes AKA the home of the Shamanic Dream Team is officially open. So far, I'm the only one here, but Angus, Team Moose, and SuperCore will be along as soon as the rain clears Cincinnati.

It's going to be a wet one. This is the first rainy Opener we've had since 2006. With any luck, we'll be able to get to our stands before it gets going. We expect everything from rain to freezing rain and the potential for up to an inch of snow before Noon. If it snows, it'll be the first snowy Opener in this part of the world in decades.

I'm leaving the Savage 99 behind. I'll have a TC Compass in 7mm-08 out. Most of the rest of the team will be shooting various 30-06s. Mooselette has already announced she's sleeping in. She'll go out in the afternoon with me, toting her Daddy's Marlin 336.
Good luck to you and your crew tomorrow.

Opener for rifle here (NC) in the morning. Taking Ol' trusty 06- and the Mrs. taking her .257 Bob.
Going to be wet here in the morning and warm. Front moving through tomorrow though and cooling it down.
Critters should be out and about.
My health and mobility has improved some and I'm going to give it a go this morning, haven't been able to go for a couple of seasons. Haven't done a bit of scouting, but if one is stupid enough to wander within rifle shot of me I will take a poke at it.

Best of luck to everyone this morning.
Wish all of you guys well, and success
Geesh, SchittAss Oregon's season is already over. they start it before the rut, from the first of October to the end of the first week in November.
End of it was wet as usual. I've hunted in rain here and cold & snow when I lived in Minnesota. I prefer snow any day over rain...

best of luck to you boys back east.
Some days, just being out and making it back in is the highest achievement you can expect. After Chemo, just being out is all you can ask.

We started getting rain about 10 minutes before legal hunting, and it grew to a downpour. I stayed under an umbrella and managed to stay fairly warm and dry. When they came and got me with the truck about 0930, I was still quite serviceable. In a pinch, I could have still walked out. The gear didn't fail. I was still warm at the core. I lost feeling in my hands coming down the ladder, but that was the only hitch.

At 0742, I heard a shot coming from over at Lazy Boy. Moose had bagged a six-pointer and after securing the carcass, walked out to get the truck. He had shot it on the far side of the ravine; he and Angus pulled it out by driving over to Virginia and hauling it out of the ravine from that direction.

Pics are coming. We're still changing out of wet clothes and cleaning the carcass.

We're refitting for an afternoon hunt after the precipitation ends. Mooselette is primed and ready.
[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Greetings from Bracken County, KY

The guys snapped a Proof of Life photo after I got out of the stand. I was doing my best imitation of a Chemo patient in an orange clown suit. I was feeling a lot better than I look.

Here is more of the story and more pics of Moose's 6 pointer.

Deer Opener, 2022
Y’all down there where the elk are?
We occasionally get elk that come down the Licking River. We're not in the Elk Zone, however.

Mooselette and I went hunting this PM. She got to see an 8-pointer, but he was moving too fast for a shot. Oh well.

Here's a couple of happy, albeit cold deer hunters back from the hunt.

Good luck to the sha clan
Be right over. Save me a deer...
at 0903 ET this AM, I nailed a nice buck.

Full Story and Pics Here:

https://genesis9.angzva.com/?p=12478
Posted By: tzone Re: Deer Camp is Officially Open - 11/14/22
Nice! Congrats on the buck!
Good for you for getting out thier and for a nice buck.
Nice work with buck and family...you definitely look better in the last two pics. Be well. smile
Posted By: SKane Re: Deer Camp is Officially Open - 11/14/22
Congrats! You've earned that one.
Congrats, I hope you all tag out.
Nice! I'm glad you got one
Posted By: jc189 Re: Deer Camp is Officially Open - 11/15/22
shaman, Good for you. That's Awesome. I bet that got your heart rate up a little when you saw him coming. He's a good one.
Congratulations Shaman! Glad you’re doing well!

Ron
Awesome all the way around. And nice rack on that buck!
A man has to know his limits. My legs were shaking after getting the buck into the truck. I figured it was just time for lunch. The first processor we hit was full-up, so we drove over to the county seat, had lunch and then went to another processor. My legs were still rubbery. I resolved then it was time to rest. I didn't go out in in the afternoon

We found a new place to eat, a darts bar over in Brooksville. I had an early dinner with SuperCore and Blacksmith and then hit the rack.

I slept in yesterday and then drove home. There's nothing like your own recliner to recharge your batteries. I'll be back out with the rest of the Dream Team for the weekend. In the meantime, they're on their own.
Yep, take a rest. You earned it!
Atta Boy Shaman------Keep on doing it !! Live Life
© 24hourcampfire