Home
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Hunted all but an hour on opening day. Started moving around at 11:00 and jumped a doe and twins up your of a bunch of tree tops. The old doe stop for s bit too long.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Didn’t hunt Sunday morning, but was planning on hunting that evening. Youngest son was going to hunt on back side of farm. He pulled in at 1:00 PM saying he just saw a good buck in the bottom headed in the back side.

There after only two hollars that it could have went into, so we both grabbed our packs and took off on foot from the driveway . He was about 5 mins ahead of me. I was about to to the head of the first hollar when I hear a shot. He had already told me he was going to kill s doe if he got a chance and first doe down.

He kept reporting movement and seeing deer but no horns. At 4:30, I moved down the ridge about 400 yards and was going to walk the hollar up to him. I just dropped off the ridged snd jumped several deer.

I moved about 50-75 yards to a open power line and saw deer movement. I threw up the rifle and saw a deer but no horns, immediately behind was a buck, good frame. The buck stopped and I had to he rifle on my shoulder, at the recoil the buck immediately dropped. I am very proud as it was a 225-250 yard shot off hand. Hit the buck high on the shoulder exiting the neck.

Rifle is a Shaen built Win 70, McMillan edge in 6.5 PRC, 147 ELD
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Dandy!
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Superb
Posted By: rockchucker Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
damn nice
Posted By: stealthgoat Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
That is a very nice buck, and I really really like that rifle!!
Posted By: roundoak Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Well done on both accounts.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Nice write up and pic. I like the rifle and caliber also. Looks like a pretty heathy contour on your barrel.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Great looking buck.

What barrel on that rifle? The whole rig looks great.
Posted By: SKane Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Veddy nice! Congrats.
Rifle has a Bartlein 8 twist in #2 contour, cut and thread at 24”. Weighs 7 lbs 5 oz bare. I am using a Sightron SIII 3.5-10.

The rifle is built on a long action so plenty of box space to seat the 147gr ELD-M.

I have a couple boxes of the 156 gr Bergers but the 147’s shot so well I haven’t taken the time to try anything else.

So far, the ELD-M performance has been exceptional
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Good Shooting
Nice!
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Nice job!
Posted By: MrWilson Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Nice buck !
Posted By: ldholton Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
when you're away from home and busy and your wife's pretty independent this is what you can come home to
Posted By: MOGC Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Well done! No snow? My part of the Ozarks we got 3"- 4" of snow Saturday morning.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/14/22
Originally Posted by MOGC
Well done! No snow? My part of the Ozarks we got 3"- 4" of snow Saturday morning.
I haven't even seen a flake , though they're saying today Monday starting somewhere around 4:00 through Tuesday evening and inch or two possible..
We had a few flurries Saturday morning but that was it. There is a chance for 1-3” Wednesday I think.
Posted By: skeen Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/18/22
Nice buck, Crappie_Killer!
Posted By: 30338 Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/18/22
That's a heckuva shot offhand. And a very nice buck to boot. Looks like he may have lost his left eye?
Posted By: Duckhunter Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/18/22
Nice Buck!
Posted By: Brad Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/18/22
Nice MO buck!
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/18/22
Wat to get it done down your direction.
Posted By: pointer Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/18/22
Very well done!! And doing it like that had to be a hoot!
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/18/22
Good stuff, all of it !
Congrats !
Posted By: 1234 Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/21/22
great buck!!
Posted By: Jcon72 Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/22/22
Beautiful buck! And way to show the kid how it's done.
Posted By: jc189 Re: Missouri rifle season - 11/22/22
Congrats, Good Buck and a good shot too. Way to go.
© 24hourcampfire