Home
I shot this up in Danbury, WI a few years back. I wasn't sure if I should get it mounted of not, but a farmer friend talked me into it.

I guess it scores 213 5/8" so it's a pretty big deal.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Good buck, Jordan!

Congrats!

šŸ¦«
Roundoak has killed bigger.... jeesh
Is this the one you had to swim the near frozen river - nekkid - to get to the island to make a shot? The jingle balls river monster?
Gosh you're lucky.
Would have been better had you given him time. They can't grow if ya kill em when they're still little.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Is this the one you had to swim the near frozen river - nekkid - to get to the island to make a shot? The jingle balls river monster?

No. I was hanging off a train when it tried to charge. Shot it with my Winchester .25-35. Hauled it back with the manure spreader. But the tractor was broken so I had to push.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ’ŖšŸ¼šŸ’ŖšŸ¼
I'm going out on a limb here and call BS on this.

I want to be one of the guys smart enough to out a Buck Swindler like yourself so I'll take the risk!

If I'm wrong, my profuse apologies. Secretly, I hope its all real, but call it a hunch because something just something doesn't pass the sniff test.
Hereā€™s last years buck I got using my custom 6.5 Creedmoor. Wife was on the spotter while I snuck up on this giant.

I got to within muzzle distance, but I didnā€™t want to leave a muzzle burn on his hide, so I backed away into the gooseberries and let her fly sending 120grains of broadhead hate into his neck for an instant kill.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Applause and worship from all of you is expected.

Thanks!

šŸ¦«
Fake! Creed canā€™t bring down a deer like that.
Weak....

Just checked the trail cam by my bird feeders at the Buffalo Berry cabin and found this.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Originally Posted by tzone
I shot this up in Danbury, WI a few years back. I wasn't sure if I should get it mounted of not, but a farmer friend talked me into it.

I've been looking all over for this buck, almost gave up hope. My deadbeat taxidermist absconded with it about 50 years ago.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Hereā€™s last years buck I got using my custom 6.5 Creedmoor. Wife was on the spotter while I snuck up on this giant.

I got to within muzzle distance, but I didnā€™t want to leave a muzzle burn on his hide, so I backed away into the gooseberries and let her fly sending 120grains of broadhead hate into his neck for an instant kill.

Thanks!

šŸ¦«

I call bullschidt Beav.

Even with the hat, I knows you ainā€™t got that much hair.
I couldn't afford to have mine mounted.
Just gave the antlers to the dog for chew toys.
Roundoak is the best thing that ever happened to this place. Alive and dead.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Same genetics as the dink I got back in ā€˜09.

Thanks!

šŸ¦«

I call bullschidt Beav.

Oh, yeah, sorry!

My dog sent me the wrong ā€˜Root Fileā€™. That picture was when I had hair.

My bad!

šŸ¦«

PS

Tzone, thatā€™s utter crap saying that my 6.5 Creed couldnā€™t bring down a deer. Youā€™ve never shot one using these, now have you? Yeah, didnā€™t think so.

Originally Posted by hillestadj

I've been looking all over for this buck, almost gave up hope. My deadbeat taxidermist absconded with it about 50 years ago.

I wasnā€™t even alive 50 years ago. You have the wrong taxidermist.

Awesome!

Great job you guys!

NV, youā€™re my hero. AKw, youā€™re just a stud killing machine. I want to have your babies šŸ‘¶

šŸ¤£šŸ¦«

Thanks!

šŸ¦«

I call bullschidt Beav.

Oh, yeah, sorry!

My dog sent me the wrong ā€˜Root Fileā€™. That picture was when I had hair.

My bad!

šŸ¦«

PS

Tzone, thatā€™s utter crap saying that my 6.5 Creed couldnā€™t bring down a deer. Youā€™ve never shot one using these, now have you? Yeah, didnā€™t think so.

No. I use Muzzyā€™s.
kind of like screwing the super model with someone else's tool ...
But you'll still do it. laugh
Originally Posted by ldholton
kind of like screwing the super model with someone else's tool ...

If you wear a condom - it doesn't count. Think about it. Wash your hands while wearing gloves. Did you really clean your hands?

I hadnā€™t seen the Rampola buck in a coons age did Mitch finely give up on getting that registered?

Something seems off about this pic. I can't put a finger on it though.

It's a 3-D pic, legit.
Originally Posted by northern_dave

It's a 3-D pic, legit.

Ahhh. OK. Carry-on.
Originally Posted by Whelenman

I hadnā€™t seen the Rampola buck in a coons age did Mitch finely give up on getting that registered?

Denny,
As far as I know, it never did. Not sure whatever happened; just faded away.

Denny,

Thought the rumor was it got destroyed in a house fire. (not a GG joke)
Originally Posted by Teal

Denny,

Thought the rumor was it got destroyed in a house fire. (not a GG joke)
Heard/read that too but no idea if it was true. Such an odd deal. Everyone who handled it swore it was real.
Everyone who handled it swore it was real.

That's what I tell my wife too.
Everyone who handled it swore it was real.

That's what I tell my wife too.

Like the ladies at the strip club - if I can touch them, they're real.
grin
Exactly!
I was on my way home from work today and it was getting pretty dark. As always, this time of year, I had my smoke pole with me in case I saw something running down the high-way. I turn off on to the gravel road that splits the hardwood/river bottom/crop land that I have the good fortune to hunt on. I get just about to my Uncle's farm house, when I see a doe....then a buck. I could see he was a shooter even though my flashlight batte...er...it was getting really close to last light.

I stopped the truck but let it run. (If you shut them off, they will bolt!)

I put the sneak on and I could tell the doe was getting fidgety so I thought crap, what do I do now?? Unc's machine shed is behind the deer and through about an acre of old woods. (Think lots of fallen trees etc.) I make my move to the right, which places me outside the headligh...er....last bit of sunshine into a shadow. I bolted towards the woods! All I remember is feeling like a gazelle as I jumped and maneuvered all the deadfall, in the pitch last light. Whew, I made it through without a place on my body that wasn't scratched!

I made it to the machine shed, grabbed a pliers off the bench and sprinted to the manure spreader! I hit that manure spreader with everything a 6" set of pliers will give!

PANG!!!!

"perfect I thought to myself*

I casually walked up to my Uncle and Aunts house and asked to borrow their mini-van. After some small talk and a piece of carrot cake, I set out. Out to the garage. Into the Mini-van and away I went out the driveway and on to the road. I turned left and drove north the 120 yards or so to the end of the the grove of trees I had just owned like a bitch!

My pickup was still running with the door open so I had easy access to my trusty $180.00 starter kit CVA Optima. I threw the rifle up and there was the doe and the buck. It was so strange. I have never seen anything like it before. Both deer were in a trance, staring back through woods to the machine shed that held the manure spreader. They were very, very calm. Almost like they were really high or something. It was beautiful and very peaceful. So I shot the buck and here he is:

Fuggin beautiful man ā€¦ tears of laughter!
Fuggin beautiful man ā€¦ tears of laughter!

True story.
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I was on my way home from work today and it was getting pretty dark. As always, this time of year, I had my smoke pole with me in case I saw something running down the high-way. I turn off on to the gravel road that splits the hardwood/river bottom/crop land that I have the good fortune to hunt on. I get just about to my Uncle's farm house, when I see a doe....then a buck. I could see he was a shooter even though my flashlight batte...er...it was getting really close to last light.

I stopped the truck but let it run. (If you shut them off, they will bolt!)

I put the sneak on and I could tell the doe was getting fidgety so I thought crap, what do I do now?? Unc's machine shed is behind the deer and through about an acre of old woods. (Think lots of fallen trees etc.) I make my move to the right, which places me outside the headligh...er....last bit of sunshine into a shadow. I bolted towards the woods! All I remember is feeling like a gazelle as I jumped and maneuvered all the deadfall, in the pitch last light. Whew, I made it through without a place on my body that wasn't scratched!

I made it to the machine shed, grabbed a pliers off the bench and sprinted to the manure spreader! I hit that manure spreader with everything a 6" set of pliers will give!

PANG!!!!

"perfect I thought to myself*

I casually walked up to my Uncle and Aunts house and asked to borrow their mini-van. After some small talk and a piece of carrot cake, I set out. Out to the garage. Into the Mini-van and away I went out the driveway and on to the road. I turned left and drove north the 120 yards or so to the end of the the grove of trees I had just owned like a bitch!

My pickup was still running with the door open so I had easy access to my trusty $180.00 starter kit CVA Optima. I threw the rifle up and there was the doe and the buck. It was so strange. I have never seen anything like it before. Both deer were in a trance, staring back through woods to the machine shed that held the manure spreader. They were very, very calm. Almost like they were really high or something. It was beautiful and very peaceful. So I shot the buck and here he is:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰
Congrats on that buck rooster.

Thanks!

šŸ¦«

I call bullschidt Beav.

Is it still a mullet if you've only got hair in the back?
Originally Posted by kingston

Thanks!

šŸ¦«

I call bullschidt Beav.

Is it still a mullet if you've only got hair in the back?
Skullet
Congrats on that buck rooster.

Thanks!

You sure do appreciate them more when you put the work in, that's for gosh darn sure.
Zone, did you shoot that before you caught the Rona or after you caught the Rona?
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Zone, did you shoot that before you caught the Rona or after you caught the Rona?

Are you saying this is actually the Rona buck and NOT the Jordan buck?

I had the Rona the entire time. Still do.

Stick with the programz. This is the zoner buck.

Nice! Maybe Rick Menefee will be inspired to make a new knife.

"The Zoner Boner"
213?? I passed on that buck.

"The Zoner Boner"

You like those short, fat blades too eh?

"The Zoner Boner"

A new knife and a new campfire handle...

ZBone
© 24hourcampfire