Home
Two ladies and two nice Ohio bucks taken on our property with the 350 Legend. Winchester 150gr deer season XP.

Moms hunt took place on her 65th birthday. Buck was a little over 100 yards broadside. Bullet broke the left shoulder and was found inside the hide of the offside shoulder. We watched him fall within 50 yards. Never gets old hunting with mom. Grew up sitting with her during deer drives as a little boy.

My good friends daughter shot this double drop tine buck at about 75 yards broadside. Bullet entered behind the shoulder and was also found inside the hide on the opposite side. Played it safe as we didn’t see him go down last night. Found him this morning. Buck made it less than 100 yards. One happy young lady.

My experience with the 350 Legend has been positive except for the lack of blood found within the first 25-50 yards.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice, good for the ladies!
Awesome! Pretty healthy bucks!
Well done, ladies! I really like the looks of that drop-tine buck.
Great bucks.

Trumbull county here.

-Jake
spectacular
Appreciate the positive comments. Makes all the work I put into our farm worth it. To top it off my father killed a nice one this evening.
Congrats to the ladies!

Nice deer
Congratulations to the ladies!

I thought the .350 would have produced pass through performance that far out.
Tell them well done!!!
Nice bucks, congratulations to the ladies.
Congrats to all. Nice Bucks.
Amazing, Congratulations to both ladies, and the the 350 legend.

I shot a management buck off my property, pass through blew the lungs out, no goo blood trail, but I'm sure that was because I wasn't looking in the right place, I heard him fall, went about 40 yds in a semi-circle,

I've heard the results with 180s are better but can't speak from first hand experience.
Great bucks! I love seeing women hunting and youngsters the most.

I'd have to switch to a tougher/heavier bullet after that.
Really miss hunting with my mom and dad. But when I get one always thank them both for the skills, they taught me. Good job and all that work is paying off.
Great! Congrats to both the ladies! That second buck posted, is a brute!
Thanks for posting. Great pics!
Great job ladies!!! Congrats all around.
Congrats. My experience with the 350 is limited to 3 deer. 1 at 100 yards two at 188 yards. All three dead as Elvis but no pass throughs.
Two at 188 , A big buck and a doe , didn't go 10 /15 yards and the third another good buck went 100 yards. All 3 shot with the winchester 150 deer season rounds. All three had the bullets trapped in the far side hide. I got a habit of shooting deer in behind the shoulder and out the opposite shoulder if possible but mostly hunt with hardier chamberings.
Congrats to the ladies on those bucks!
Nice bucks, and no manure spreader involved.
great deer and congrats to both your mom and the other lady.
Congrats to the lady’s on the bucks!!

Our experience has been positive as well, but not getting consistent pass through with the 150 or 180 either. Not sure it matters so far as all go down relatively quick. Blood trails are weak for the first 25-40 yards then improve.

I may need to try reloading for it and running a maker Rex bullet. Or trying to push them a little faster

Still beats a shotgun IMO
I keep seeing the 150 and 180 gr loads mentioned with lack of exits. Anyone tried Hornady's Amer Whitetail 170 gr factory ammo?
Originally Posted by HShunter36
Two ladies and two nice Ohio bucks taken on our property with the 350 Legend. Winchester 150gr deer season XP.

Moms hunt took place on her 65th birthday. Buck was a little over 100 yards broadside. Bullet broke the left shoulder and was found inside the hide of the offside shoulder. We watched him fall within 50 yards. Never gets old hunting with mom. Grew up sitting with her during deer drives as a little boy.

My good friends daughter shot this double drop tine buck at about 75 yards broadside. Bullet entered behind the shoulder and was also found inside the hide on the opposite side. Played it safe as we didn’t see him go down last night. Found him this morning. Buck made it less than 100 yards. One happy young lady.

My experience with the 350 Legend has been positive except for the lack of blood found within the first 25-50 yards.

HS, I saw a pic of a woman who looked an awful lot like your mother a couple years ago with another nice buck shot with the 350. Did she shoot another nice buck 2019ish? Congrats to the ladies in the pictures!

Ron
CONGRATULATIONS 🎈🎊🎉🧨💯✔️
Nice bucks. Well done.
Ohio7x57. You have a good memory. My mother did shoot a nice buck in 2019 with her 350.

Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

HS, I saw a pic of a woman who looked an awful lot like your mother a couple years ago with another nice buck shot with the 350. Did she shoot another nice buck 2019ish? Congrats to the ladies in the pictures!

Ron
Both great bucks! Congrats to them
Congrats to the hunters! Well done.
Hey HS, what county if you don’t mind answering? I live in Licking, but do most of my hunting in Athens County.

Ron
If you handload, this cartridge really benefits from handloading.

I shoot the 150 Maker TREX at 2500 fps. Awesome blood trails and always exits.

Factory loads are kept low for ARs
We reside in Eastern Muskingum County. Have property in both Muskingum and Guernsey County. Mothers buck was taken in Muskingum and the young girls was taken in Guernsey.

Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Hey HS, what county if you don’t mind answering? I live in Licking, but do most of my hunting in Athens County.

Ron
Thanks! A few miles east of us! Merry Christmas!

Ron
Nice bucks
I’ve heard and seen a lot about lack of pass thru and blood trails with the 150. Hoping the 180 power point gives more consistent exits as I bought a case which should last me the rest of my days.

Congratulations to the ladies!
Good for them.
Super nice bucks! Congrats to these ladies on their fine harvests. 😎
Wow those are fantastic

Hank
Wow, well done ladies, on 2 studs
Congrats to the gals and the guys who armed them...mb
Congratulations to the ladies! Those are some darn nice deer! memtb

Awesome bucks! Congrats to the ladies!
© 24hourcampfire