Home
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Homecoming. Got him less that 100 yards from where I got my first deer 50 years ago!
That's GREAT !! He's a Good'in Rio7
Thanks Blue. I was setting on the ground in a little brush stand I made leaning up against live oak. He run up and stopped about 30 yds from me at sun up. No feeder, no high fence just watching their trail
Nice, like them Mausers
Nice buck, nice old Mauser, nice job. Congrats!
Originally Posted by hanco
Nice, like them Mausers

Me too. Have three now, but I’m always looking.

Nice work, Bob!
congratulations very nice buck and love the old mauser, still 8x57, have a similar one, Is the front ring on the barrel, mine is and have a weaver 3 x scope becuse new scopes are not long enough
Nicely done sir! Really like the old rifle.
That’s awesome
Congratulations on the buck and nice looking rifle.👍
Great stuff Kaywoodie. Congrats to you. I've got an old sporterized A3 I need to get back in shape.
Well, alright! Well done.
like this
That old Mauser has a Nickel 4x with #1 reticle, and claw mts. It was built for someone in Germany. Postwar. As it’s a 30-06 I bet is was occupation officer. Well made. Not usual “cigarette” rifle.

Old buck. Sausage buck! 😊
Yep, that's the way to do it.
Congrats!!!
TY for sharing KW
Well done, like the vintage setup.
Nice shooting and nice buck!
Awesome!
Well done and thanks for the photo and write up!
Congrats. Classy rifle on a nice buck!
Nicely done with a nice rifle. Congratulations.
Well done!
Very cool to get him where it all started. The place I shot my first is now a subdivision.
Fantastic, thanks for sharing!
Thats a great looking deer, congrats.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Homecoming. Got him less that 100 yards from where I got my first deer 50 years ago!

AWESOME kaywoodie!

What year, model, caliber and scope?

Happy New Year
Good deal Bob !
Always enjoy seeing you kill game with the classic guns you hunt with.

I’ve been thinking about getting the all original 30/40 Kraig Carbine I gave to Dad years ago out of the safe and shooting some hogs with it.
Little brother still enjoys shooting hogs with Granddad’s ole sporterized .303 Enfield.
Nice all around!
Originally Posted by KillerBee

AWESOME kaywoodie!

Happy New Year

Possibly late 40’s 98 Mauser, 30-06, Nickel 4x #1 recticle
Dang that’s sweet! Congrats!
Awesomeness
Great sentimental buck.
We both had productive mornings yesterday. You killed a nice buck with a super looking rifle in a place that holds great meaning to you and I worked 3 hours at my PT job. Did you put those twigs on it like they do in Europe? I understand the feeling behind that the older I get.
Originally Posted by 19352012
We both had productive mornings yesterday. You killed a nice buck with a super looking rifle in a place that holds great meaning to you and I worked 3 hours at my PT job. Did you put those twigs on it like they do in Europe? I understand the feeling behind that the older I get.

Yes, translates to "the last bite" more or less. And taught grandson this morning why we do that.
Originally Posted by KillerBee

AWESOME kaywoodie!

Happy New Year

Possibly late 40’s 98 Mauser, 30-06, Nickel 4x #1 recticle

Very nice, gotta love the old classics!

My favorite rifle is my BSA P17 in .30-06, I hated the Weaver Scope on it so I swapped it out for a newer scope.
Beautiful buck with a great old rifle. That would be hard to improve on. 👍👍
Man that's great, congrats KW!
Great buck for sure Woodie, I have a little spot on a county road in Blanco county that I’ve found a few echinoid fossils on.
Originally Posted by CRJ1960
Great buck for sure Woodie, I have a little spot on a county road in Blanco county that I’ve found a few echinoid fossils on.

👍👍👍 lots of Cretacous stuff around here! 😉
Cool Beans!

Nickle was an engineer for Zeiss and started his own line of scopes that were as good as the Zeiss but less money. I've had 6-8 of them on combo guns, and they all were excellent scopes.

Let's go hunting! cool cool
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Cool Beans!

Nickle was an engineer for Zeiss and started his own line of scopes that were as good as the Zeiss but less money. I've had 6-8 of them on combo guns, and they all were excellent scopes.

A hunt with you and Bob would be PRICELESS!
And a lot of fun for sure! Maybe one of these days, Bruce. 🤠
Sounds like a plan!!!

What rifle/cartridge did you use 50 years ago to get "the other" deer 100 yards from this one?
Originally Posted by buttstock

What rifle/cartridge did you use 50 years ago to get "the other" deer 100 yards from this one?

Mom bought me for Christmas 1969 ( took me a while to connect) an ancient Oveido Mauser M1916 in 7x57 ctg. Adopted granddad took it to his brother the gunsmith and put on a Weaver K4 I got the next year for Christmas. I think the rifle was like $16.95 out of the cardboard barrel and the scope was like $29.95!

I still have it. I should have used it this year and thought about it. But never got around to getting it ready. I killed several deer with it. And one of my sons has too!
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Cool Beans!

FIRST LIAR WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE. whistle whistle

Tops on my bucket list is to meet you both. wink
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Cool Beans!

FIRST LIAR WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE. whistle whistle

Tops on my bucket list is to meet you both. wink

Liar???? Don’t talk about Neal that way. He’s a pretty stand up guy!

🤣🤣🤣
Wow, what a buck Kaywoodie and with a great looking Mauser! Aren't your 1895 Winchesters a bit jealous?
Hell that's roundball range. Nice deer Kaywoodie.
Congrads on a fine buck BoB! Cool you got him where you started from.
Nice buck. I love the leverguns but when it comes to bolt actions the only ones I really prefer are Mauser pattern/function designs. Good thing I'm a lefty or I'd have hundreds of Mausers, M70's, and Kimbers. That's actually save me a lot of money.
Nice buck, Kaywoodie! Love those dark horns. Congrats!
I got my first deer 56 years ago. Then had a long dry spell until '79. Then I started hunting again and got one fairly regular up until 2017. Then lost my lease. That sucks.
Congrats
Nice Buck kaywoodie !
That's neat you hammered him within a 100 yards of your first deer. I really Like the rifle also.
CONGRATULATIONS 🎈🎊🎉🧨🍾💯
Nice.

I had an old Mauser rebarreled to 270, Douglas barrel, bolt handle shaved and swept to the rear, three-position safety, yada, yada, yada.

When all was done, it made for an extremely accurate rifle and like an idiot, I sold it.
© 24hourcampfire