Home
Today there was a buck in the yard with antlers coming on and another with both antlers on its head. What's up with that? Shouldn't those antlers have been off months ago?
Posted By: Buckstopper Re: Deer antlers still on - 04/29/23
I've seen bucks with antlers as late as Easter. Usually small bucks that wouldn't do much breeding.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Deer antlers still on - 04/29/23
I got a tail cam pic of a bull elk once still wearing them in May, behind him was another bull with 12" of new growth.
It happens
Posted By: lastround Re: Deer antlers still on - 05/01/23
I haven’t seen any antlered deer here for several weeks now. Starting to see a few with new growth starting now!
Posted By: johna1 Re: Deer antlers still on - 05/01/23
I have some videos this week of a few getting new antlers. A few button bucks and one is going to be a bruiser. He's already got probably 6 or 7 inches of antler out.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Deer antlers still on - 05/01/23
here in Minnesota i only ever seen one buck with his horns on in April a very nice 10 pt.buck hit by a car so we stopped and help the lady that buck did not have any testicles and horns were very firm in his skull yet too.
Posted By: ERK Re: Deer antlers still on - 05/03/23
I have seen some very respectable bucks In late April sporting their racks. The game warden I asked about this said usually it’s a very healthy deer that keeps them. Edk
© 24hourcampfire