Home
I have a bunch of these (90gr243). Accuracy is is very good. They are one of Speer’s fits and stops!

Assuming they are a game bullet as opposed to a varmint bullet and would like to use them for Bambi. Anyone have any experience with them, positive or negative? TIA
I guess about 7-8 years ago (maybe longer) I saw them on close out somewhere and bought 500. Worked up a load in a .243 model 70 with H4350 right at 3050 fps. I used it on a very respectable Mule Deer in Colorado that year. Shot was a double lung at about 100 yards with an exit, DRT. The model 70 is gone but I'm still using them in a custom 6mm Creedmoor at about the same velocity. No more Muleys but plenty of Whitetails taken since. They have shot very accurately for me. Very well made bullet with excellent performance, you'll be satisfied with them. I would have liked to have tried some in other calibers.
Thanks for sharing, CC. Very helpful. Guess I'll have to give them a shot. ha ha
I've found them to be quite good. I guess they didn't meet the price point Speer had in mind
© 24hourcampfire