Home
Posted By: bruinruin Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/25/23
The story of an old-time Michigan deer camp, in video form.
Awesome. Thank you.
Posted By: SKane Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/25/23
That's pretty cool - thanks for sharing.
Posted By: tdoyka Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/25/23
they must have found those deer dead, how else would they do it? people didn't have the 338 RUM or other modern calibers. there is no way that a 30-30, 35 Rem or even a 30-06 will kill deer, even armored up deer. and no camouflage!!! jeez Louise, the deer will see them coming!!! they probably don't have deer scents either. it is like they took the rifle and a couple of cartridges, knife and rope and wondered in the woods.

nice video, thank you.
Posted By: BLG Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/25/23
Red and black seemed to be the color of choice.LOL

Clyde
Posted By: hanco Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/26/23
Thank you for sharing
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/26/23
Was that you and Toby????
Posted By: saddlering Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/27/23
Thanks enjoyed it. It's changed so much since I started hunting in the early 70s. I miss the old days and friends that have passed.
Posted By: acooper1983 Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/27/23
ive watched that rocking chair camp video multiple times, it never gets old. That video has me looking for property in the UP all the time. Still some deals to be had on large tracts of land up there.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/28/23
Thanks for posting that video. It sure makes a man reflect on the past. This is the first hunting season that my Dad hasn't been in camp with us. Never could of imagined that I'd miss him so much.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 10/28/23
Thanks for sharing. Back in the day the UP & the Northwoods were THE place to go deer hunting. Lot’s of people have wonderful deer camp memories of that special time & place.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 11/01/23
I watch that every year. Those guys are from 20 minutes south of me. I wish we still had that level of commitment and camaraderie in deer hunting. It seems to be less and less every year.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Deer Camp Nostalgia - 11/01/23
Thanks for posting the video. I have told several friends about it since watching it Sunday evening. Left me wishing I could be a part of something like it!
© 24hourcampfire