Home
Posted By: 257Bob Who's hunting KS rifle opener? - 11/27/23
We are headed to KS on Wednesday to arrive on Friday and hunt Saturday AM. I didn't draw (did last year with success) but I'm hosting my son and good friend on family land. Last years buck, no big ones on the camera, we'll have to wait to see what show.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Oh yeah, man, I'll be out there.

I've put in a lot of time behind the bow this year and have passed up lots of bucks. But the longer the season goes, the lower my standards get. laugh

No game cameras allowed on public land anymore but I have a good idea of the caliber of bucks running around.

Haven't used a rifle in a few years but will be carrying a Freedom Arms FA 97 in .45 Colt.
Originally Posted by skeen
Oh yeah, man, I'll be out there.

I've put in a lot of time behind the bow this year and have passed up lots of bucks. But the longer the season goes, the lower my standards get. laugh

No game cameras allowed on public land anymore but I have a good idea of the caliber of bucks running around.

Haven't used a rifle in a few years but will be carrying a Freedom Arms FA 97 in .45 Colt.

Good luck out there!
Already prepared for SKane to show us the annual giant buck he's gonna whack. Hey Scott......YOU SUCK!!!!
Posted By: EdM Re: Who's hunting KS rifle opener? - 11/28/23
My Kansas hunt ended the opener muzzle loader mule deer season in September. Good luck folks.
I wish I was going to hunt Kansas this year. But it's not going to work out. I grew up in Kansas and bought a lifetime hunting and fishing license many years ago. Nice being able to buy tags like a resident when the opportunity to hunt Kansas works out for me.
Freedom Arms FA 97 in .45 Colt - what's your effective range with that? Looks like snow in NE KS Friday night where we are hunting. Got this photo yesterday.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Already prepared for SKane to show us the annual giant buck he's gonna whack. Hey Scott......YOU SUCK!!!!

No promises amigo. Dad is the priority, I’m good with a couple does and coyotes but if the opportunity presents itself…….😀

Good luck folks!!
Left the house at 4:30. Another hour driving and it’ll be almost time to hunt.
7:30, 50 yards, caught back side of near shoulder and must have just clipped front of stomach for a 30 yard run.

Swede in my 1885.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Would love to see your deer Cheesy but the images are no bueno.
Originally Posted by strosfann

Yes, lets see them pics buddy!
Originally Posted by beretzs

Yes, lets see them pics buddy!

Working now? Was showing up on my phone, but not on computer.

Not a monster deer by any means, but I'm not too picky, kids activities take precedence over my hunting time, and I just like to use my rifles and make jerky and pastrami smile
Hell yes they worked now!

Congrats on the buck! Man, what a great picture of the buck and rifle. Congrats!

Nothing wrong with any of that being a bigger priority in my book. I like to hear my rifles go off now and again as well!
Congrats on that buck. Nice one.
Nice buck and great rifle in a classic chambering! Have never tried making pastrami - need to look into that.
Nice buck and great rifle in a classic chambering! Have never tried making pastrami - need to look into that.

I follow Hank Shaws recipe (google it up) and it’s great. And really easy to make.
Nice buck and cool rifle!
Good deal, Cheesy!

Yeah, balancing life, work, kids, and hunting can be a juggling act at times. smile
Congrats on the buck! I will be out this weekend with my son hoping to he can get a crack at a mature buck. Good luck everyone!
Originally Posted by SKane

No promises amigo. Dad is the priority, I’m good with a couple does and coyotes but if the opportunity presents itself…….😀

Good luck folks!!
Originally Posted by SKane

Good luck folks!!

How did it go? wink
The 'Skane Report' should be a good one.....
My son scored on a nice buck, I didn't have a tag but was able to hunt with him, 157 5/8"

Originally Posted by 257Bob
My son scored on a nice buck, I didn't have a tag but was able to hunt with him, 157 5/8"

Nice - Congrats to your Son!
257Bob - congrats to your son, that's a super deer.
Thanks, we had a great hunt, was a bit slow for the other hunters, not sure why. The deer scored 157 5/8" which is much higher than I thought, was thinking maybe 140.
© 24hourcampfire