Home
I got a small buck, small Aoudad, and a few pigs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I got this killer fallow, and a boxcar load of pigs...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Two deer in Pennsylvania.
Just this mule deer.

Bow on the left, Gun on the right. Both NY. Passed up several out of state looking for something bigger.

Middlin’ 8 point day after Christmas. Shot two meat does but hit second a little back and couldn’t find it. Shot was at dark in rain. Looked for 45 minutes with very little blood. Was back at daylight next morning and recovered deer about 100 yards from where shot, 90 degrees from where blood trail and tracks pointed. She had been decimated by coyotes overnight.

Coyotes on the agenda soon

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I shot a couple of Bucks and a few pigs.

Got an 8pt. With the Xbow, and a 11pt. With the rifle! Was a good year for me!
2 bucks and 3 does in North Arkansas. And a coyote that came by just as I was about to leave my stand one morning.
I did manage to kill a few bucks...

And culled a few does.
Rotator cuff surgery slowed me down still shot one coyote that’s good enough.
tell us about the savage 99!! please.
Seven deer in SC, one in NY. Two nice bucks, the rest freezer fillers.
Just a medium sized Coues buck for me. We are only allowed 1 per year in AZ, It was on a 5 day backpack hunt with my brother in some beautiful country and always a great time. Posted a picture on the scenar thread a while back.
2 does, 1 buck, all whitetail.

I have a javelina hunt next month on one of the TX Draw Hunts as well.
Pardon the non 'deer', being that this is in the deer forum. I ate my Montana deer tag, but everything else here was from this past year:

Got a nice black wolf too but I have no pictures that I am really comfortable throwing up on the open net. Too rough looking. I think I got 4 wolverine total and a turkey too.

These darn things live in sheep country and are 'big' game as far as effort, IMO...
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Pardon the non 'deer', being that this is in the deer forum. I ate my Montana deer tag, but everything else here was from this past year:

Trapped 4 of these

Got a nice black wolf too but I have no pictures that I am really comfortable throwing up on the open net. Too rough looking. I think I got 4 wolverine total and a turkey too.

These darn things live in sheep country and are 'big' game as far as effort, IMO...

I hate you.

You suck.
That's so sweet!

Thank you!
I shot two bucks, one mule deer and one whitetail.

Thought I was doing pretty well after the mulie but the real trophies were my son killing his first buck and my wife finally killing one big enough to hang in the house.
With 4 bucks we decided to forego our usual hunt for late season does or cow elk and call it a year as the freezer is brimming full. We’ve moved onto coyotes and pigs so we don’t have to butcher any more game until next year.
i got two whitetail does for my freezer to fill it up. one was shot by TC Encore with a 23" MGM barrel in 444 Marlin with 280gr WFN GC and Reloder 7 going 1937fps. the other with a Husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57 with a 275gr WFN GC and IMR4895 going roughly 1800+/- fps.
2 White-tail bucks.

10 pigs

2 javelina

3 coyote

1 fox

bunch'a quail

and a goodly number of adult beverages!

ya!

GWB
Nothing, my boys and I lost our lease two years ago and can’t seem to find another one. May give it up altogether.
Originally Posted by LBP
Nothing, my boys and I lost our lease two years ago and can’t seem to find another one. May give it up altogether.

Bummer!

ya!

GWB
What did I kill this season? Time mostly, i never saw a 150" (my minimum) buck to shoot, not even one close but I enjoyed every minute of my hunts 👍.....Hb
Just a yearling with the CVA Scout TD 300 Blackout opening day of rifle season. I was dead dog sick during our muzzleloader weekend, so I didn't hunt it this year.
Time. I killed a bunch of time.
Kid.
Congrats on family success.
What caliber is the featherweight?
Originally Posted by jay
Kid.
Congrats on family success.
What caliber is the featherweight?
30/06
Originally Posted by TheKid

Thought I was doing pretty well after the mulie but the real trophies were my son killing his first buck and my wife finally killing one big enough to hang in the house.
With 4 bucks we decided to forego our usual hunt for late season does or cow elk and call it a year as the freezer is brimming full. We’ve moved onto coyotes and pigs so we don’t have to butcher any more game until next year.

Freezers are cheap…get another one.

Curios what state are you hunting with mule deer / whitetail or you killed those in different states.
Nice bucks
Freezers are cheap…get another one.[/quote]

Curios what state are you hunting with mule deer / whitetail or you killed those in different states.
Nice bucks[/quote]

I have another freezer but 4 will get us through until next season. No reason to shoot does/cows for meat we don’t need.

I killed the two bucks in different states, though there are both in my home state. Mule deer came from CO and the whitetail from OK.
12 does, 2 bucks and guided grandson (9) to his deer. We eat 3, give 5 to friends/family and donate the rest to the mission. We are overpopulated and actually need to take more. Also quail, dove and pheasant.
Finished the season with a big bodied, ancient 6pt that I've watched for the last 2 years. The drought really has our deer population down in my area of the Hill Country.
Two 8 pointers and a Doe.
Bronchitis for the last 12 days of the season and I killed the couch. Really bummed me out as I was off of work the entire time on vacation and was sick. Still trying to kick that crap. (note to self: Don't get bronchitis! )
I had intended to hunt that bear that was marauding our land and corn feeders. Oh well, maybe next year.
Just a buck and a doe. Both with a 25-06 Montana and a 115 NBT. May still arrow a couple more does? I'll whack some coyotes this winter too.

That's so sweet!

Thank you!

laugh laugh laugh laugh
1 six point buck - crossbow

1 eight point buck - .30-06

1 doe - .30-30

2 does - .243

1 doe .50 cal. Hawken
One mule deer buck and one cow elk. Pictures posted on the Scenar thread.
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Just a buck and a doe. Both with a 25-06 Montana and a 115 NBT. May still arrow a couple more does? I'll whack some coyotes this winter too.

Whats going on with that bucks leg just above the knee? Just curious.
My liver
We still have 3 more weeks of bow and then 3 days of primitive. So it ain't over yet. I still have another buck tag left, but they'll be losing their horns soon, like this week.

Doe - 10 Point Titan Decock

Doe - Encore 45-70

8 point - Encore 45-70

Doe - Encore 45-70

12 point - Encore ML 50 cal - I've been hunting deer for 45 years and this is my first 12 point.

Doe - Encore 350 Legend

Originally Posted by Featherweight6555

I had to zoom the pic in on my phone. I honestly didn't know what it was. It's a leaf....

Nice buck, Darrik!
Old 9 point on lease in Missouri. He had all of 10 teeth left.
Kimber 84M in 308.

Lease in north end of Texas hill country, nothing.
My personal minimum is 140 inches.
Three years of extreme drought has killed antler growth.
Ate my buck tag there last year as well.
I killed a young forkhorn the second week of the season, then for various reasons could not close the deal on a second deer this year.
This one is great eating however.!
Cat
So far…….just some time 😊

These two photos are really, really nice IMO. Living the life!
5 bucks and 1 doe
Covered this before here and there, but had a great season, with relatively little work on my part. One buck I grunted up at 7 yards with a crossbow, then my Earn-a-Buck doe and her boyfriend taken one right after the other with my 6CM Fieldcraft. Definitely a horseshoe in my nether regions this year!
Driving over to MS this weekend since their season doesn't end until the end of the month so hopefully I'll be able to add to the count. So far I've taken three does which was great because I needed the venison. I got the first one during primitive season with my Browning 1885 in .44 Magnum. I took the next two with my Ruger No. 1 in 6.5x55 SE. Missed out on a nice deer during bow season when a coyote appeared & spooked it.

A respectable eight point taken on a close friend's property in Craig County VA.

Tikka T3 in 6.5x55 with 130 grain Nosler Accubonds.

StarchedCover

I had to zoom the pic in on my phone. I honestly didn't know what it was. It's a leaf....

Thanks.
What did I kill this year?
Sadly, just time. It was still well spent.
A cull buck with my crossbow on my farm, for the first time in 40 years I decided to hunt a public hunting area that is near my home and killed a doe with my muzzleloader, a nice 8 point with my crossbow from my front porch and a huge doe with my Kimber KS target 357 magnum the last day of the season during modern firearms season. I passed on many deer this year hoping to connect with a double drop tine buck I had on game cameras, but he never appeared during my hunts.
Originally Posted by JDK
Two deer in Pennsylvania.

Same here.

Archery Buck
Rifle Doe

With the kids mostly out of the house that's about all we can eat in a year.
So far two does and a bunch of time. Seeing bucks but nothing I want to shoot and as best I can tell the rut has yet to start. Not seen the first scrape on my place this year.
Two whitetails, a 6 point with a 257 Roberts and a 1 point (cow horn spike on one side, no antler on the other) with a 250 Savage and a coyote with the Roberts.

Might still shoot a doe, might not.
One 10 point whitetail, one 12" antelope and one cow elk. Still have elk tags but doubt I use them.

Meat bucks for me. Hoping to her some better quality bucks next year.
Originally Posted by SKane
Time. I killed a bunch of time.
Same here, was a tough season where I hunt.
One decent 8pt so far, plus 3 does. Will try to get one more for the freezer before season wraps up in about 10 days. My primary hunting tract is about 800acres and we've yet to see a shooter buck there in the daylight this year (3 hunters). Hogs have been slow also, as most movement is only late at night and they've been spread out. I'll get some patterned on feed after deer season and work on them until the weather gets hot.

I haven't killed a deer this year. That's the first time in over 30 years that I haven't killed a deer. I've still got a week and a half of spike/doe season and I have a chance to get down to a ranch in south Texas on the MLD program, so the fat lady isn't singing yet.
Monsta buck 🥴
Brown it’s down mode day🤷‍♂️
Whitetail buck, 23 yards Mathews VXR 125 grain slick trick broad head. [Linked Image]
Couple of 9s one a little messed up the other was decent. Another 8 I guess I didn't get a picture of and a handful of does[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A doe in October, with my Hawken.
A 9 pointer with my 760 35 Remington
A buck, that already shed his antlers, New Year's Day with my 760 35 Remington.

No deer this year but I did shoot an antelope and a 5x5 bull elk. I missed hunting deer, but mule deer tags are getting harder to draw in Oregon.

The antelope was killed on a hunt in New Mexico with a .280 Remington using a 139 grain LRX over Reloder-16. The distance was about 200 yards.

The elk was shot on a steep brushy hillside on public land in NE Oregon with a .30-06 using a 168 grain TTSX over H4350. The distance was about 30 yards.
I can only post on my hunting partner's behalf. Grandson put deer number 3 and 4 in the freezer this year. I only provided transportation, fieldcare and processing.

Last year age 10:

This year age 11:

I shot a WT doe and dink buck (smallest of my career). Nothing pic-worthy...
[Linked Image]
Rifle
And several of these
Nothing. I was humbled this season after killing two last year all I managed this year was to miss three Doe
Nothing just guide and help the granddaughter much more satisfying.
The only deer so far is an unremarkable 8 point and one coyote. The NASCAR version: Mossy Oak camo with Cabela's Outfitter Berber neck gaiter, Dry Shod boots, Weatherby Mk V lightweight kevlar & graphite stocked .30-06 with a Swarovski Z3 3-10x42 BRH reticle, Barnes Factory loaded 175 gr LRX ammo, Leica Trinovid 8x42 and 1000-R rangefinder with Marsupial Gear chest pack. 0730 and 27 degrees. No name gloves! Ha!

…and numerous Pigs with my Sig Cross 308.
A doe with a 7mm-08 and a small pine tree with my 35 Rem. The pine saved a dandy bucks life, lol.
Ended the season today on a last day archery doe. Quartering away, arrow blew through the boiler room and exited in front of the shoulder. Exit wound in the pic below. Cold and snowy, but I had to get out one last time…

Originally Posted by JGray
I can only post on my hunting partner's behalf. Grandson put deer number 3 and 4 in the freezer this year. I only provided transportation, fieldcare and processing.

Last year age 10:

This year age 11:

I shot a WT doe and dink buck (smallest of my career). Nothing pic-worthy...
They sure grow fast don't they? smile
Yes they do! Deer tags only these past 2 seasons. He gets to add elk and bear next year. He really wants a bear...
Our new early antlerless season with my iron sighted Savage 99

Rifle season 8 pointer

Alternative season actually a buck that already lost it’s antlers

It was fun, all over until October now

KC
Originally Posted by Calvin

Meat bucks for me. Hoping to her some better quality bucks next year.

Those Sitka black tails and your moose are awesome. I love your pictures. One of these days I am going to hunt those deer. Thanks for sharing.
I didn't take a deer this season. The drought (3 years), Anthrax, and massive increase in Predators and worthless freaking Aoudad has our deer population super low. I did manage to kill 4 pigs and a few coyotes. I still rate this season as a HUGE success as I made allot of extra time to hunt with my 79 year old dad. He and I both got to look over and passed on a number of really nice 3-1/2 year old bucks that somehow managed to dodge the "killers" on the lease and survive the season. I'm hoping to get back out there and get very mad at the coyotes in the next week or two.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Mohawk
I didn't take a deer this season. The drought (3 years), Anthrax, and massive increase in Predators and worthless freaking Aoudad has our deer population super low. I did manage to kill 4 pigs and a few coyotes. I still rate this season as a HUGE success as I made allot of extra time to hunt with my 79 year old dad. He and I both got to look over and passed on a number of really nice 3-1/2 year old bucks that somehow managed to dodge the "killers" on the lease and survive the season. I'm hoping to get back out there and get very mad at the coyotes in the next week or two.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Luv that 99👍👍
Dude, the wolverine is awesome.... Not many have that on their resume! Congrats!!!
Originally Posted by LifebytheHorns
Dude, the wolverine is awesome.... Not many have that on their resume! Congrats!!!

👍

To be clear I trapped those four wolverines, I didn't shoot them outright.

Nothing special, just a couple of public land scrags with a mandatory doe in between, but it was a great season, maybe my best. Hunted totally from a stool on the ground, and got those three in six half-day sessions; killed one at seven yards with the xbow when he came into a short blind-grunting session, and the other two within about a minute of each other, a doe and buck pair- my first double.

Got to watch a good bit of rutting activity too. Crazy stuff, just like on YouTube.
great pictures thanks for posting ! no deer for me in rifle season ,one buck in December archery season this year. Pete53
Some nice kills and some nice rifles in here
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

KW you’ve been laying down some dandy bucks the last couple years. Congrats!
Originally Posted by SuperCub

That deer is incredible 👍👍
I only killed a doe in crossbow season. Had a particular buck I was hung up on getting but just couldn't get it done.

Also the kiddo kept me busy at the skinning shed.
Youth day
Bow season

Muzzle loader

Rifle season
I'd call that mission accomplished D270.. I'd be okay fethcin and skinnin my boys deer any year!

Their meat would go into my freezer anyhow grin
Originally Posted by beretzs
I'd call that mission accomplished D270.. I'd be okay fethcin and skinnin my boys deer any year!

The Boy and myself were in high cotton for sure. I'm beyond proud of him.

Nice to have the freezer full too.
Holy cow Dude270…Nice work!
This is the first year in a long time I didn’t pull the trigger on a whitetail. Didn’t see any buck worth shooting this year, and my 14yo son shot a buck and 3 doe which filled our freezer and I enjoyed watching him have fun more than doing it myself.
Thanks Ted.

Motown, sounds like you had a season like mine. I agree with you, I get a ton of enjoyment watching my son get after it.
Originally Posted by SuperCub

10 pt with bow and 8 pt with gun

Originally Posted by Dude270

The Boy and myself were in high cotton for sure. I'm beyond proud of him.

Nice to have the freezer full too.

I bet. No hunt for anything is better than hunting with my older son and hopefully the younger one in a few years. Not a 350 bull on any mountain that would replace them taking their first deer, buck or a good buck.
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
10 pt with bow and 8 pt with gun

Great bucks DVD!
I didn't draw but was able to guide my son to this buck on private family land in KS. Managed a couple of GA does myself for the freezer.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Wow, Great buck, Paul !!!

IN SPADES !!!
Some reall good deer and nice rifles on this thread. Just 2 rifle does for me this yr, no legal buck to shoot at. 1 killed with a 141 35 Remington and the other with a 7600 30-06, both peep sighted which was my goal, but no buck. Was not feeling good all hunting season so hopefully next yr I wont be dealing with that.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Buck at home.

Raghorn in Wyoming

Late ML sausage deer

And a dirty old coyote...

Awesome pictures fellas! Man, this is a cool thread.
Looking good Beretzs.
Dude270. Your boy is a slayer! He piled them up this year. Awesome work to the both of you
two nine-points so far. id like to get a third before feb. 10 ...
Time. It does not fill the freezer well but it did fill my soul some more.... Joe
Dude270. Your boy is a slayer! He piled them up this year. Awesome work to the both of you

Thanks Kid. Congrats to you and your family too. Great first buck for your young fellow and your wife got an absolute beast! Looks like a stellar season buddy.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

KW you’ve been laying down some dandy bucks the last couple years. Congrats!

Thanks Kid. Just got lucky😁
As the years have passed I've become more of a meat hunter. This year I got a doe in the early pre-rut antlerless season with M70 Featherweight 243 and a 95 B-Tip. A small-mid buck with the old M77 MkII .257 Roberts with a 100 Interlock. Another doe with a 250 gr homecast out of my 38-55. And a 3rd doe in the January doe season with a 1959 JC Higgins(HVA action)M51-L 308 with homecast 180 gr Saeco #315 clone. Freezers are pretty full.
A 6pt with my Mod 64 Win 30-30, receiver sight. Killed it in hollow where I was born and raised, my first there. Special deer, they're Lotta mountains for few deer!
Just a little 8 point in archery season with my beat up ol crossbow...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload a photo and get url

Looks like a creedmore wound.😂😂 only a few does for me
This 9 point with a rifle

Great pics!

And alotta smiles.

I killed alot of time…

Though older i get, I’m a lot less mad at deer.

Last weekend here. Need a doe ( or buck 😁😁) for the freezer.
Just one, no big deal
All does this year. Never saw a buck that interested me enough to raise the rifle. Freezer is packed though.

GreggH
12 grouse.
Time, and lots of it. But I learned a lot about the property I hunt, trails, sign. Identified food sources, saw some animals I don't see every day. Bobcats, coyote, lots of feral hogs, barred owls, pileated woodpecker, and others. The time was not wasted. Planning for next season.
What did you kill this deer season?

Close to $1k in gas and tolls and 10-12 vacation days.
Nothing at all. But at my age I'm just happy to be out there and looking at the dinks that I won't shoot.
2 does last week in Alabama on my brother's property, one with a 243 Win. and one with my newly acquired 2506 Rem ....fun times with family and friends
Killed a 6pt and a bobcat.

I didn't hunt much, just couldn't get into it like normal this year.
I haven't shot a deer in probably 4-5 seasons, letting my son shoot them all. It's been fun, he'll turn 13 before next season so legally can hunt by himself.

Anyway, our goal this season was his first deer with a bow, we made it happen. He also knocked out some does with his 260

Originally Posted by hanco

What parts of Texas?
Originally Posted by hookeye
Just one, no big deal
That's impressive using traditional archery equipment
Ruger No1, 6.5 Swede, 156 Norma Oryx, ~ 110 yds. Near Natchez, Ms, made it to the bottom of a deep gully. Odd 11 pt, 2 stickers on one side, no brow on that side.

RAS

Attached picture IMG_1639-4.jpg
Originally Posted by RSherburne
Ruger No1, 6.5 Swede, 156 Norma Oryx, ~ 110 yds. Near Natchez, Ms, made it to the bottom of a deep gully. Odd 11 pt, 2 stickers on one side, no brow on that side.

RAS
I know where you are talking about. I hunted just north of Natchez called Anna's Bottom. Some serious deep gullys. Nice buck.
Originally Posted by cas6969
What did you kill this deer season?

Close to $1k in gas and tolls and 10-12 vacation days.

😂😂😂
Originally Posted by gamma4diesel
Originally Posted by hanco

What parts of Texas?

Burnet county
Yearling doe on my last evening to hunt. 165 grain FTX out of my 350
Legend.

Ron
Originally Posted by kenacp
Originally Posted by RSherburne

RAS
I know where you are talking about. I hunted just north of Natchez called Anna's Bottom. Some serious deep gullys. Nice buck.

My little girl killed her 1st one in Russum at my buddy's place. Same neck of the woods. Im crippled this hunting season so I couldn't be in the stand with her but at least I was at the camp and got to bloody her.
Great pictures and congrats to everyone!
Have to study up on how to post pictures here.
Disregard.
9pt. @ 90 yds Ruger SRH 41 Magnum

Attached picture IMG_4433.jpeg
Issues prevented a trip out of state, early TN hunts and a sinus infection from he(( kept me to one lousy weather day in TN.

NUTTIN is the short answer to the inquiry!
How tasty are those pigs you guys are getting. We don’t have them around here so I never had a wild one before. I was talking with a co worker the other day whose family farms peanuts and they are looking for an exterminator. Thanks
I have killed wild hogs in North Carolina and Florida I couldn’t tell the difference all of them were very tasty.
Got my bucks back today. Not all that bad for the hill country around here. All low fence.

© 24hourcampfire