Home
Posted By: Abner multiple whitetail tags - 09/11/10
I know there are guys from all over the U.S. on this site so, where can a guy go on a whitetail hunt where you can bowhunt whitetails (bucks or does) and fill multiple tags? I generally fill the freezer with elk, deer, and bear meat, but I would really like to go somewhere and have a chance to shoot two, three, or more whitetails. I know there are states where that is possible, but where?
In alot of the midwest deer are approaching varmint status. People are tired of hitting them with there vehicles.

In the northern part of missouri we have unlimited doe tags. I always try and do my part.... grin

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Alabama you can shot two deer a day, two does or a buck and a doe. You are allowed three bucks in a single season.

In GA you are allowed two bucks and ten does in a season and can take them all in one day.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/11/10
Like said in an above post. Missouri has unlimited doe in most areas, every single day starting September 15 through January 15.
$7 each for a resident.
Posted By: NathanL Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/11/10
Here in TX if a person has management tags it pretty much comes down to how many you want to shoot before you get tired of it.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/11/10
In Nebraska, if you have a place to hunt.

Besides a 3 month bow season, Nebraska now has a 9-day early, October, antlerless firearms season, a 9-day regular firearms season in mid-November, a 31-day muzzle-loader season in December, and a 24-day late antlerless season that starts in late December and runs through mid-January. You can shoot 2 deer with antlers and about as many antlerless deer as you want to buy tags for. Some of the Seasons Choice WMUs give you a bonus tag, 2 tags for antlerless whitetails for the price of 1.

Jeff
Posted By: c86man3 Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/13/10
I lived in SW Iowa for a while.

You were allowed 2 bucks and several (maybe unlimited I dont remember) does.

However, they only allow you to use shotguns and muzzle loaders in that part of the state if I remember correctly.
Posted By: Daveman Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/13/10
It is true that Missouri does allow unlimited doe tags, but one should not plan on coming to Missouri and seing deer running all over the place. In some locations, there are a ton of deer, but those are mainly private ground with limited access. Public ground varies, with some having more deer, and others having very few. You'll need to research closely if you want to have the opportunity of taking home multiple deer.
Posted By: tzone Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/13/10
In MN you can shoot 1 buck and as many does as you buy tags for.

In WI you can shoot a buck with a bow and one with a gun, and again, as many does as you want to buy tags for, if available in the area you hunt.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/14/10
It's like everywhere else; you have to know where to go.
I seen a article the other day that said 70 something percent of missouri deer hunters do not kill a deer. I have no idea if that is true or not.

Dink
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/14/10
NY...2 buck many doe and in the right circumstance a 3rd buck
Posted By: Tracker49 Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/14/10
Aiken County, South Carolina used to be two deer a day for the duration of the season for residents (season is 3 months long). that was a while ago, but check their regs to see if it still holds (not sure about non-resident).
They didn't issue "tags", just asked that you stopped at a check station if you came across one so they could take a jaw to age the animals taken.
Texas!! You can take 5, even more if you can find a place to hunt "managed lands". You can find all info on TPWD's website.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/14/10
Originally Posted by DINK
I seen a article the other day that said 70 something percent of missouri deer hunters do not kill a deer. I have no idea if that is true or not.

Dink

Only 1% kill 4 or more.
Posted By: MGunns Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/14/10
North Carolina. 6 Deer, 4 can be antlered. No daily limit. you could harvest all 6 the same day (new this year). Not monsters, but plenty to go around.
Posted By: Abner Re: multiple whitetail tags - 09/16/10
Thanks guys for the posts. I will be bowhunting, and looking for a place to fill the freezer with a few does,,,or bucks :-) I had no idea there were so many states that offered multiple tags. Looks like I now have a great way to pass the winter...studying the regs.
© 24hourcampfire