Home
.243 = 90g AB or 80 TTSX
.270 = 130 AB or 130 TTSX

Which would you choose?
AB
243 TSX all the way

Don't have a 270.
In 243, I use the 80gr TTSX. I'd chose the 130gr Accubond if using a 270.
WHY TTSX in 243 and ACCUBOND in 270 ?
I assumed he was asking the question for deer sized game. In the 243, I want something that I know will smash bone and keep on going. I really like the 80gr TTSX. In the 270 he asked about 130gr bullets only. Had he asked about the 110gr TTSX, that would have been my choice. I feel like the 130gr TTSX performs more like a traditional 150gr bullet...maybe even better. I chose the 130gr Accubond based on his options.

They're all great bullets and will do an excellent job.
I see, I just got a 243 and going to hunt with the TTSX this year.I posted asking about the performance of it on deer.Wouldn,t happen to have some pics of the results you have had using it on deer have you ? I sure would appreciate seeing them. Also would appreciate some pics showing the difference between the 110 aND 130 ttsx ON DEER.
Thanks in advance

Craig
Are the 90gr AB's available for the 243 yet? I can't find them anywhere.
I don't have any pics-sorry! Actually, I've yet to shoot a deer with the 80gr TTSX. I've shot deer with the 260 rem 100gr TTSX & 120gr TSX, 7-08 120gr TSX and 308 win 130gr TTSX 150gr TTSX 168gr TTSX. I shot a hog with the 223 53gr TSX and was quite impressed. Those results are what started me working up loads with my 243. Once I got my hands on some 80gr TTSX's and found the load, I really liked the accuracy/combo. I have no doubts about the performance after what I've seen the 53 in 223 do.
The 130 TTSX in the 270 is a deer killer for sure. I dropped two last season with them and they never flinched after the shot.
Do you want just pictures, or pictures of terminal ballistics?I've got 3 pics of the deer my wife got, but no graphic pics.
Well if no graphic pics how about just a description (best you can remember) of the damage, range, Impact velocity ?
Thanks,Craig
Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the responses. Me thinks i'll be trying the TTSX's especially the 110's in the .270. Thanks again.
accubond
Which ever shoots the best.
In .243, either the 80 grain TTSX or the 85 grain TSX is fine by me, the best thing that ever happened to the .243.

In 270 I like the 110 TTSX a little better than the 130 TSX, But I could hunt the rest of my days with either and never complain
Ive used them both and have had success with them both....
I'd let my rifle decide what it liked best. Either option would work fine for killing.
Nosler Accubond for me.
I definitely prefer Barnes TTSX/TSX!
Originally Posted by CLB
I'd let my rifle decide what it liked best. Either option would work fine for killing.

Bingo.

I'd like to add even more confusion for those of us running factory fodder.

What would you say about the aforementioned choices versus the 90 grain Nosler E-Tip in the .243 Win?

I already bought two boxes of Nosler's Trophy Grade ammo in .243 with the 85 grain Partition. With the current "buy two boxes, get one box free promotion", it's about as inexpensive as any decent cup and core ammo that I'd use for deer.

After buying the 85 grain Partitions, I started wondering whether the 90 grain E-Tip would have been a better option. I may buy two boxes with E-Tips and go with the bullet that shoots best.

If accuracy is close to the same, would you choose the 85 grain Partition or 90 grain E-Tip for deer?

The heavier 6mm Partition bullets are not offered in the Nosler factory ammo.
I can't speak to the TTSX but the Accubond is a great bullet.
AB every time.
243 - Barnes 80/85 and 95 BT are my fav, the 90 SSII would be interesting.

270 - 140 AB, though I'd be interested in running a 110 Barnes knowing how fast you can run those wicked little blue tipped. I used some old 110 Sierras IIRC on some 'varmints' long ago, a DEVASTATING bullet. Recoil will not be light loaded to the hilt just so you know.

As Stoney put it, whatever you hunt with should shoot well - simply drill vitals and get a sharp knife wink
© 24hourcampfire