Home
My youngest Roman(13) got his buck this morning, very cool as I was in the stand with him. After many days at it, his attitude was sinking and just as I told him lets stay out a little longer..... we hear a branch crack, after a bit of a waiting game he made the shot and had his 5 pt.
Pre 64 M70 fwt .243 with his handloaded 80 TTSX's double lunged and down.
[Linked Image]
It was almost all the way to the back of our 40, yet a "happy hell drag"
[Linked Image]
The old man couldn't be happier, now to get my daughter one.
[Linked Image]
Well done, doesn't get much better than that!
heck ya! nicely done! congrats to the young hunter.
Randy,

Weidmannsheil to your son and you. Glad to hear that. So the "old man" told the young buck to be patient and persevere and it actually came off.

Hunting has to two parents - patience and perseverence.
Killing has to parents - placement and penetration.

I see, the .243 TTSX worked as well - and to no surprise.

Only one thing missing - a Leupold 3x...

Congrats to you & your son - nice buck!!
Good job done by both dad and son.
My fave kinda story. Father teaches and models good lessons with excellent outcome.
That's fantastic!! Tell him "congrats" from NE..... grin
Congrats to the young man. Had to be the happiest drag ever made. Son has a nice weapon to start his deer hunting career.
Congratulations
Congratulations to Roman. Probably remember this one above all others when he's an "oldster".
Great job! Looks like good fun for all!

Love the blue tape!
Randy congrats to Roman and you!

I like the rifle, too.What a good Dad..... grin
A teachable moment that you both will probably never forget.

Congrats!
Congrats to Roman!!!

Very cool Randy. Nice work. That is a heckova buck.
Way to go Roman!!!

150 yard shot? grin

Randy, congrats for spending the time with him on stand, and being there when he got his first. That's the way it should be. He'll always have that memory.
That's REALLY nice.
Thats great Roman! You have a good teacher!
Great Job...
Great job! I bet he's hooked for life . And good for you too Dad!
awesome congrats
Nice work Roman!
very nice !
Congrats.... Nice pics and a great deer
Big time congrats!!!
CONGRATS!

That is great to hear. Even better that he got to share the time with Dad! I did that for my 2 firsts (first deer and first buck).
Congrats to you and the boy Randy.
Nicely done and congrats to the young man! Really like the photos, pretty country you have there.

Nice job by the Handwerk clan!
Hey Roman great job. Even better making the oldman do the drag.
Ah heck he should be in shape after hauling all that meat out in Colorado.
Congrats on a great buck!

Good for him. Some of my best seasons went to the last half hour of the last day. A couple of the worst ended 15 minutes into opening day. Never give up.
handwerk;
Thanks for sharing the photos and story of your hunt with us. It's interesting to see the different areas that our members hunt in.

Please pass along congratulations to your son on sticking it out and doing a good job on a very nice buck.

I'll send you a tip of the hat too sir, for ensuring all the details were taken care of and that this hunt took place. Well done sir.

Thanks again, all the best to you and yours and of course good luck on the rest of your hunts.

Regards,
Dwayne
Great story. Thanks for sharing.
That sure looks like a Grand Marais deer to me....LOL
Nice shot Roman!
Thanks for all the kind words guys. This is Romans 3rd deer in 3 years ( 2 wt and 1 mulie) he's off to a good start for sure.
For the rest of us it continues to be rather slow in the kill dept. 4 days left!
© 24hourcampfire