Home
They did in fact get me personally, as I could only manage to find one 215" double crop tine bomber, only to let him slip away sometime during my stalk. I could not find anything else to shoot in a week's worth of mule deer hunting out here in West Texas.

However......there's a kid down the street who lost his dad about 5 months ago, and he's a great kid who loves the outdoors, especially hunting. We spent 5 glorious days together in the sandhills trying to find him his first muley buck. We did, and he dropped this buck in his tracks at about 160 yards with my Tikka 7mm-08 and 140 gr corelokts. He coudn't wipe the smile off his face for the rest of the hunt and I couldn't either. I can't imagine a more perfect hunt.

[Linked Image  <br><br><br>
								</div>
	</div>
	<div class=
awesome
Sweet buddy, congrats to you and the kid.

Sorry you didn't get the big one you were after but maybe next year he will grow a couple more inches.
Well done on all counts!
That is AWESOME. The youngster deserved a bright spot in his life. Good on you JG.
That's good karma buddy.

Yours will come around for this very generous act.
+1 on that, nothing can top the grin on that boys face, especially when he needs some joy in his life.
JG may God bless you for what you have done with that little boy...
Men talk about such great feats of kindness few ever do anything close to what you have done...... Well Done.....
Great job. Great deer and a even better smile. Awesome.
Originally Posted by iddave
That's good karma buddy.

Yours will come around for this very generous act.

that is the BEST karma...

Good on you...
Congratulations to you both. Job well done cool
Yep, you're a good man with a caring heart. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Originally Posted by SKane
That is AWESOME. The youngster deserved a bright spot in his life. Good on you JG.

Pretty much says it all!

Dober
Great buck. Is he getting it mounted? Bet we could get a fund together for that if they need help. That one will be hard for him to top.
Originally Posted by 30338
Great buck. Is he getting it mounted? Bet we could get a fund together for that if they need help. That one will be hard for him to top.

Very gracious and kind offer, but that is already taken care of. I very much appreciate it. He's a great kid and very easy to be around.
JG - Well done- looks like you made a kid pretty darn happy and probably be a lifelong hunter also.
Nice!!
Very well done in that case. Sure am glad you could get him on that one.
Wow, that's quite the deer...glad you could include him in the hunt. Maybe next year on the big one.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by 30338

Very gracious and kind offer, but that is already taken care of. I very much appreciate it. He's a great kid and very easy to be around.

That's fantastic BUT can we help his BENEFACTOR? I for one would like to be a part for BOTH parties ! smile smile

Jerry
JG, that young man will never forget the opertunity you gave him, your both blessed beyond dreams!
that is awesome
Great job!

Dink
Great JG. I've been wondering every day how you were doing. The 28 in. short timed 14 pt that stood and looked at me a while( with a few smaller bucks) three weeks ago has not been seen during the season.
Hey bud! Congrats on what has to be one of the best memories you'll ever have!
good on you for doing that for him!
Awesome!

ddj
Way to go. Looks like you have a new huntin pard!
Nicely done JG! wink
You are a very special guy! We need more people like you!
That is great , way to go! That is a great smile and buck.
JG, pat that young man on the back for all of us!! My hat is off to you for a very kind and unselfish gesture toward putting some light back into a young mans life.
What a noble effort! You've already earned quite a few "points" for a later time.
that right there is what it is all about ! you are a great man... tip my hat to you.
Well done sir!
Awesome! Congrats to the both of you.
A fine and noble thing you did there, JG. My hat is off to you ! E
You guys are too kind. It's not about me. The boy needs to be around grown men, doing man things. Many of you would do the same thing.
Congrats to the young man and nicely done on your part.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
They did in fact get me personally, as I could only manage to find one 215" double crop tine bomber, only to let him slip away sometime during my stalk. I could not find anything else to shoot in a week's worth of mule deer hunting out here in West Texas.

However......there's a kid down the street who lost his dad about 5 months ago, and he's a great kid who loves the outdoors, especially hunting. We spent 5 glorious days together in the sandhills trying to find him his first muley buck. We did, and he dropped this buck in his tracks at about 160 yards with my Tikka 7mm-08 and 140 gr corelokts. He coudn't wipe the smile off his face for the rest of the hunt and I couldn't either. I can't imagine a more perfect hunt.

[Linked Image

Good job, JG. I hope you get a great big monster this year almost as big as mine and Jesse's.
Good on you JG !!! That kid will never forget that!
Uncle Johnny is one of the best guys here. Not surprising in the least, good man johnny!
Thanks again for the kind words guys. I had forgotten about that and am very grateful you guys pulled that back up, as it put a huge smile on my face again. That kid is now a young man, a very fine young man who attends Texas Tech University and walked on the track program as a pole vaulter. He is on track to graduate in two years.
Great to hear that.

I pulled it up to remind others you are a great guy and also to remind you I am fatherless, but honest. smile
Thanks Doc, you're a good man.
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Yep, you're a good man with a caring heart. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Indeed!
You will be rewarded in spades for your kind gesture. I would be willing to chip in for a mount, I bet that there would be enough who would that just a few bucks each would get it done.
Of all the schit that gets dragged up years later, I can’t think of a better post to bump up than this.

Outstanding.
At a boy JG. Way to GO !

The boy & you will never forget that hunt!

A successful hunt !!

Jerry
It’s STILL a good story 😁
Good heart warming story by an obviously nice guy. First time I read it and the comments!

Good guys---all of you!
Good stuff right there.
You're a good man Johnny
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Of all the schit that gets dragged up years later, I can’t think of a better post to bump up than this.

Outstanding.

Yep, even after 8 years, this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Outstanding JG !
© 24hourcampfire