Home
I am looking for a reasonable Iowa deer lease for 2 hunters for 2013. Can be bow season or gun. Looking for quality deer. Do not need a guide, just good land, deer population. Have 5 preference points, so we should be able to draw most any area.

Thanks
An option for you -

Paul has the land, can give you a couple of pointers, then you're on your own. Of course, you won't be hunting the ground that the Primos guys get to hunt. wink whistle

http://fountainoutfitting.com/

Thanks, I will ontact Paul.
What part of the state are you prefering?
We are open at this time, but definitely looking for an area with quality genetics / bucks. I hunted near Indianola before and saw some great deer, but landowner got out of business. Let me know what you have and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Terry
still looking
ttt
Send me a PM
PM sent
TTT
Up again
When? Earlier in the bow season, or you gonna wait for the madhouse of the shotgun seasons?
We would prefer bow season in late October or early November.
ttt
up again
ttt
up again
My neighbor has hunted the Stephans State Forest for over 10 years. He sees alot of quality bucks and has one that scored over 200. It's public land and he hikes in and sees very few people, sometimes none. He shotgun hunts.
Originally Posted by ecmn
My neighbor has hunted the Stephans State Forest for over 10 years. He sees alot of quality bucks and has one that scored over 200. It's public land and he hikes in and sees very few people, sometimes none. He shotgun hunts.

How difficult is it to get a tag everyyear for a non resident? I see you live in Manysodas.
Thanks for the information, I will need to study a map to find out where the Stephans State forest is.
I have no idea about the tags. He has taken his 3 kids down there these later years. All I know is that nice one is a dandy. It's a 6x6 with if I remember correctly had a 24 inch inside spread. He says he can see more and larger bucks on one good day down there than up here in a lifetime.
TTT
There is also a fair amount of public land north of Pisgah, in western Iowa
up again
Originally Posted by duckster

There are no good deer in western Iowa, stay east of Des Moines.

grin
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by duckster

There are no good deer in western Iowa, stay east of Des Moines.

grin

Not in eastern Iowa either. Stay east of the Mississippi River. Or else, try Missouri. I hear they have lots of big deer down there...
th82457 - I think your best bet would be drive here and start knocking on some doors. You would be surprised how many people say yes when you meet them face to face.

ddj
Are you driving in from Michigan? kwg
Yes, we would be driving to Iowa from Michigan. We could possibly make a trip prior to applying for tags to meet landowners face to face, but obviously need a general area for a quick trip, hard to cover the whole state from here.

Thanks
ttt
up again
I know of public ground in Corning zone 4 that has some big bucks. I hunted it last year.
Check out the area between Missouri Valley and Pisgah, there is a fair amount of public land there.
ttt
Im gonna be in zone 5 this year with an outfitter. We hunted zone 5 in 2005 and killed a 187" and a 140 on public land.
sent pm to vthunter
Have 360 acres,great spot,zone 5. Reasonable rate, tell me what you are looking for.
© 24hourcampfire