Home
Posted By: Ole_270 Add another to the fraternaty - 09/10/12
Just heard that my Granddaughter shot her first buck this afternoon. Haven't seen pictures but her dad(S-I-L) said it was about 16-17" with enough trash to count as a 12 pt. Roughly 100 yard shot from a blind built of small square bales on their home place. The bales make for a great rest for unsteady young hunters
This on the heels of her first doe taken yesterday at about the same range and on the other side of the farm.. This one a perfect heart shot, the buck maybe a couple inches higher for a DRT hit.
Tika 695 Whitetail Special, .243, 95 partition loaded down to "starting" loads from the book.
Not bad from a girl more into "girly" stuff who won't turn 8 years old till next month. Little brother is sure jealous! I'm thinking he may of put in a Coup de Grace with his BB gun.
Well done by all! Thanks for the post.
that's awesome! congrats
Awesome, start 'em young and they don't stray.
I'm jealous! grin

Congrats to the young lady!
Posted By: efw Re: Add another to the fraternaty - 09/10/12
Great news!!! Pass along my congrats to her and be sure to post up pics as soon as you can!
Not bad for her first pair of deer huh?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's awesome! I bet both you and her Dad are really proud!
Sweet!

Thanks for sharing. I would be happier than a fat kid at a ice cream bar with that buck.
Or the sorority for that matter. Congrats to the young lady.

When I see a girl out hunting with her dad I can't help but think that in 15-20 years, she's gonna be a great hunting partner for the guy lucky enough to marry her. Plus, maybe she'll look for a guy just like dear old dad.

How I wish my wife loved (or even liked) to hunt. I mean she puts up with me and my obsession and all, but to actually have her involved would be sweet.

Heres hoping to get my own girl into the club in the next year or so.
Posted By: CLB Re: Add another to the fraternaty - 09/13/12
That's really nice. Always good to hear about young kids getting after it.
cool
good deal congrats to her
Congrats to the young lady. Hope if I have kids someday they will want to hunt. My niece is 18 months but she love to get out and watch us shoot. Hope she continues to enjoy it, if so she have a cricket soon
That's a great way to get started! Congratulations.
Congrats to the young lady!! grin
© 24hourcampfire