Home
Posted By: GregW GregW's wife's mule deer hunt - 11/10/12
Although harming of a mule deer did not occur, the weather was good, the scenery was beautiful, and good times were had.

We found two good bucks the night before opener and found them again opening morning and then watched them bed away from us in private land. She passed up smaller bucks trying to get a chance at these deer but I could never find them again.

We glassed up a lot of cool stuff and she got to watch coyotes, javelinas, lots and lots of deer (50+) through big eyes. She enjoyed herself as did I.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f311/GmoneyTLU/IMG_4124.jpg[/img]

A lot worse ways to be spending your time. More to it than killing a deer....good on you both.
Looks like fun, we go in 2 weeks. My wife drew a 12BW late tag this year and she's getting really excited. She has waited 10 years to draw the tag. We have picked a few leftover tags down your way for her in the meantime. It is really neat to watch the women get excited about deer hunting.
Looks like you 2 had fun. Good Deal !!

To often, me included, a hunt is measured by what you get to kill.

Its taken a long time for me, but I'm learning that its not all about that.

Thanks for sharing it here with us.
You're a lucky guy--but you already knew that! Looks like you had beautiful weather and some nice country to hunt.
© 24hourcampfire