Home
About 30 miles from here there is wildlife management area that is a hot spot for Julie's this time of year. There is a lot of small chunks of private land and the people feed the deer year round. So there are a lot of does around. Mid November and does equals bucks. Some giants have been taken out of this area so we headed up after work with only a couple hours to hunt. Right across the road from the parking lot was about 10 does and a 160-170 class buck not 50 yards off the road. We were hopin he would cross but never saw him again. We hiked in about 1/2 mile and found a spot to sit where we could see. We weren't there 2 minutes when my Dusti spotted a buck coming down the hill. We didn't have time to wait on him so we planned a stalk. We got to close to him and he followed his does out across the open about 50'yards in front of us. He was at a steady walk and wouldn't stop. Classic mulie though, and he stopped and looked back at us about 150 yards on the crest if the hill. She shot and he kicked and ran off in the trees. We ran up the hill and he was standing in the trees real sick. She popped him again and her first mulie buck was down! She used her Ruger hawkeye all weather 270 win with 150gr hornadys over some h-1000.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This dude was the nastiest smelling thing I've ever been around in my life. Took a lot to not gag while guttin him!
Congrats!! Looks like a heck of a fine buck.
Congrats!

Wonder what made him smell?
Just from ruttin hard
Talk about a swollen neck. Thanks for posting and great deer.
Very nice. Congrats.
Cool beans DT!
Good deer and like the pink gun!
+1 on the huge neck

Nice deer.
Kewl!!! Congratulations to both of you.. smile smile
Nice!
Very nice. Congrats
Thanks guys! She appreciates the comments
Very nice! Congratulations to both of you!
Congratulations.
[bleep] a! I can't wait to get my wife hunting deer with me!
Great buck, congrats!
Looks like your wife did very well, good shooting and good deer!
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
[bleep] a! I can't wait to get my wife hunting deer with me!

I wouldn't trade anything for the opportunities we get to hunt together. Nothing like seein their smile after the deer drops. We had a blast dragging it out together and reliving the stalk and shot!
cool!
I'm stealing the term "julies"
nice deer and congratulation to her and to you for having a beautiful wife who likes to hunt.
Originally Posted by bea175
nice deer and congratulation to her and to you for having a beautiful wife who likes to hunt.

+1 You're a lucky man.

Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by bea175

+1 You're a lucky man.

I count myself among the lucky ones who have a wife who hunts. Congratulations to your wife, and to you, for spending quality time with your mate.
© 24hourcampfire