Home
Posted By: mtcurman 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
Hey guys, here's a deer I shot last night with my bow. This is my 2nd bow kill, I'm getting pretty hooked on it! grin We would've recovered it last night, but a coon hound "joined up" with us when it saw our lights, and followed the blood trail alot quicker than us and messed up the blood trail, plus our lights died, so we went back this morning and after some trailing we found it. smile My brother got pretty good film of the hunt, but I don't know how to post the video! blush Here's a couple pics..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fresh backstrap galore! grin

Thanks for looking!

Ben
Posted By: BrentD Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
Nice job. You are well stocked for dinners now.
Posted By: Greenbrier Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
Great job!
Posted By: mikeymjr23 Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
Congrats!
Posted By: DEER_ASSASSIN Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
congrats
Posted By: eyeball Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
Good job. I'm thinking that hound would have taken you right to it the next morning. Especially with archery, it's nice to have a dog to help at times.
Posted By: wageslave Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
Way to follow through.
Posted By: mtcurman Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
Thanks guys!
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/19/12
Very nice fellas...
Posted By: CBB Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/20/12
Awesome!
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/20/12
Cool beans Ben!
Posted By: AB2506 Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/20/12
Congrats!

I can't wrap my head around that you don't live in Montana anymore!
Posted By: mtcurman Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/20/12
Thanks fellers!

AB, it ain't permanent.. smile smile
Posted By: pointer Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/20/12
Very nice! Glad to see that there are Hoosiers that can kill a deer with a bow...as I sure couldn't this year.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/20/12
It's great to see young men out, enjoying the sport of hunting and being able to take a deer that isn't a monster. Your smiles make me envious of just how much you enjoy life, don't let that change.

Good luck and great hunting...
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/20/12
Sounds like you and your brother really enjoy time in the field together. You both should have great hunting partners for years to come!

It looks like you're already doing it, but keep taking plenty of pictures. You'll cherish those...and they'll become your trophies later in life...
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/20/12
Good job Ben!
Posted By: mtcurman Re: 2nd bow kill - 12/21/12
Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm planning on taking a whole backstrap to my Mom's family's shindig on Saturday... grin Educate them on how good eatin' wild game is! grin
© 24hourcampfire