Home
Posted By: MILES58 Strange year - 11/27/14
Here it is thanksgiving and I am still cutting up deer.

There's three hanging in the garage. They've been frozen since I shot them. 10 below here this morning. I just went out and cut the hind quarters off one with the sawzall and they're thawing downstairs now.
Posted By: forpest Re: Strange year - 11/28/14
Miles

Lots of folks would love to have your problem! unfortunately, when the freeze any benefits of the aging process end, so it just becomes a means to delay butchering until it is convenient. We had to thaw one in my shop. Interfered with the wife's craft projects a bit ;-) - she didn't appreciate the hanging supervisor!

You must be in southern MN - it was -24 here yesterday!
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Strange year - 11/28/14
I've got 5 in the garage, high today is 64 I think they will thaw enough to cut up smile
Posted By: MILES58 Re: Strange year - 11/28/14
I guess it's better than hunting in below zero, been thee, done that and got a bunch of the T-shirts. Either way your fingers end up feeling like wood. Sucks when you shoot the next deer that comes by just so you can get your hands warm gutting it though. The opposite isn't all that good, but it's easy to yank the hide off a warm deer and getting the meat in quarters and on some ice is still better I think.

I'm ECM.
© 24hourcampfire