Home
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He is 17 years old shot it last Tuesday in SE Pennsylvania on public land. Shot was 100 yards and the bullet was a 100 grain Federal. B&C score was 132.
Fine lookin young man and a fine lookin buck. I bet his feet are barely touching the ground.

Congrats!
That is a sturdy-looking buck. Remington 660?
Yes it's a Remington 660 .243 with a Leupold 2-7X28.
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Fine lookin young man and a fine lookin buck. I bet his feet are barely touching the ground.

Congrats!

Thanks! It's almost been a week and it's still all he wants to talk about. grin
Just got myself a Remmy 243. Hope I have as good of luck with mine someday!
Excellent work to both you!
Crap that is a nice one! Bet that got the old pulse rate up fast:)
Originally Posted by 30338
Crap that is a nice one! Bet that got the old pulse rate up fast:)

He called me on the two way radio and said he just shot a big one. I started over his way and he called me again and said it was a GIANT! I was skeptical because we were hunting public lands that get a ton of pressure but when I saw it I nearly fell over! So I know it got my pulse rate going.
Nice Pa. buck. powdr
Give him a campfire congrats. Well done to both of you.
Nice Pa. buck for sure, and a GREAT Pa buck on public land.
Good on your son. Nice buck.
Congratulations
Good deal!
Nice!! Congratulations...
Thanks everybody! He is reading this thread and is very grateful for all the congrats that have been offered!
My have been a "Smart" buck to have lived so long in Pa.

Doc
Nice buck congrats!!
This is why I LOVE deer hunting! The kill usually happens quickly and humanely, but the memories last a lifetime. From one Dad to another, I know exactly how you feel, my son shot his first deer last fall. We're still talking about it. Spending time with a son (or daughter) makes me so proud to be a father! Nice buck to boot!

I think I will hug my kids a little tighter tonight and tell them how much I love them. There's a man in Gaithersburg, MD who lost his wife and 2 of 3 kids today. Why? Because a private jet crashed into his home while he and his other child were out of the home. So sad. Our time on earth is precious, indeed.

Be safe and Happy Holidays...Slim Shady.
Well done! Congrats to your son, nice buck anywhere!
Very nice buck! Congratulations to both of you and best wishes for many more memorable hunts together.
That is a dandy buck. Congrats all around.
All right. Great.
Congrats on a fine buck.
Congrats
You cant kill a deer wif a too forty tree! grin Nice buck, what's the hunt story for crying out loud?!!!
Thanks guys. We were hunting on State Game Lands that is stocked with pheasants so its public farmland. Even though the PA Game Commission manages this parcel for small game the deer love it. But its very easy access and has small woodlots, big fields, and lots and lots of brush. It gets absolutely pounded by small game hunters and dogs and that season only ends two days before deer season begins so the big bucks usually avoid the place. It was the second day and it was raining and I just wanted to fill our doe tags. When we got there we went our separate ways because I wanted to drive out some woodlots. The boy was getting in position and I heard a shot ring out. Followed by another. He called me on the radio and I ran over. Here , this buck and two doe were feeding in a cut cornfield. The buck was facing away from him and going slightly uphill. The boy went prone and put the crosshairs an inch above the tail and pulled the trigger. Now I wouldn't have tried that shot with a .243 but he didn't ask me. The buck collapsed at the shot and started spinning in circles. He shot it one more time in the neck and that ended thigs.
Well done by the lad!
Congrats on a fine buck! I bet you are one proud dad.
Thanks. And yes I am.

Nice buck, congratulations.
Nicely done. Congrats to the young man!!!
nice buck,but your son don't look a day over 12.
Originally Posted by srwshooter
nice buck,but your son don't look a day over 12.

Well at least I don't have to worry about him being served booze before he's 21. Maybe not even then. laugh
Congrats to your son on a nice lookin buck, nice choice of firearm too. I guess only kids can kill deer with a 243 whistle
Mike, very nice buck and a big congrats to your boy!
Congrads on a super nice Buck! way to git it done.
That's a dandy buck for anywhere that whitetails are hunted. I'm glad for your family.

.243 is a keeper!

TR
He looks stoked. Great pics and well done.
Thanks everybody. He and that 243 accounted for a Doe this afternoon 50 yard broadside shot. The 243 brought things to a quick conclusion. The boy said the Doe looked like it was struck by lightning. Great cartridge that 243.
Congrats to your son.
congrats to your son, that is a terrific buck! the 243 is a good round especially for kids, women or anyone that doesn't like recoil. It was my first rifle and shot many whiteys with it.
Super sweet! My first deer was killed with a 243 and many other after that. Does a fine job.
Awesome! It's a lot of fun when they kids get 'em! Congrats!
Fantastic, great deer.
I can see why your father (moosemike) is very proud of you.

Heck, I'm all grins every time I see a young person with a deer they have taken.

Again congratulations. :-)
Thanks guys! Much appreciated.
Great job! tough looking kid, and a tough looking buck!

Tell him to write to down... no time like the present to start his deer hunting memoirs.
Good idea crockett. I write mine down.
Congrats!
© 24hourcampfire