Home
First of all, booked this hunt on the Diamond TF ranch with Mike back in the summer. We are here now, second day of the hunt, and everything is great, except the weather the first morning but don't think Mike could've done anything about that...

Seeing plenty of whitetails, and some exotics. Our guide is a great guy, working hard for my son to get his first buck - which he did this morning!
[Linked Image]

Not sure who was more excited when we saw this buck this morning, me or Lane. I was shaking like a leaf! It was only about 50yds, but he made a perfect shot through the lungs - 110gr TTSX, Varget pushing it 3450fps out of a Kimber Montana 270WSM.

Just taking a break now before heading out to try for a doe.
congrats to him
Very, very cool; congrats to you both!
Congrats!!
That is freaking awesome!!!!! Congrats to the lad.
Congrats, that's a great start to a career!
Great picture - looks like a darn happy hunter and a fine buck for sure!! Congrats to you both & good luck.
Heck of a start!!! Congrats all around.
Congrats!

Sunday I let a Dad and his 10 year old son hunt out of my blind. The boy dropped his first deer as well, a spike. smile
Well done! Love those "first buck" smiles! Thanks for sharing the picture and best wishes to both of you for many more memorable hunts together.
Thats a dandy management buck!
That's what it's all about..Congrats.
Along the way, a Dad is blessed in many ways. One of the biggest is having the opportunity to be with their child when they take their first deer.

It was a thrill of a lifetime for me, and I'll never forget it.

Congratulations to you and your son, and may you have many more years of hunting together.
The smile tells the story...congrats to the two of you!!
Couldn't happen to a better family. Congratulations to your son, looking forward to hearing the story and further celebration.
Congratulations! Thta is one heck of a management buck.
That smile says it all! Congratulations to him and wish him many more.....
As good as it gets!! Big congrats to you and your boy!
Thanks guys! I am a very proud dad to say the least!

That buck was the icing on the cake as we got to spend a lot of great one-on-one time together, had some great conversations (guns, shooting, hunting, life, etc.), a lot of laughs, and would also like to think I imparted some knowledge and wisdom in there too!

They were definitely some bigger management bucks, but I was honestly glad he didn't get one of bigger ones for his first buck - need something to strive for and look forward too!
Congrats to both of you guys TXRam. As others have said, don't get much better than that!
congrats good deal!!

Ed

Thats great!!! Congrats.
Nice buck congrats to your son. Father - son time doesn't get any better than that.
Doesn't get much better than watching your child shoot his first deer, outstanding!
Congratulations!hes better than my 8.Good shooting.
Congratulations to you both. You certainly had enough gun in a 270 wsm for the smallish Texas whitetails.

Doc
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Congratulations to you both. You certainly had enough gun in a 270 wsm for the smallish Texas whitetails.

Doc

I'm not a fan of the .270 or the .270WSM but both are enough gun for any whitetail.
© 24hourcampfire